Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2005 4:53:56 PM EDT
Saturday morning, while filling my ar up with gas, I heard a man grumbling out loud and thanking GWB, and the "Religious Right" for what I assumed were the high gas prices. I asked him what he was bitching about and he looked at me out of the corner of his eye. A few seconds later he proceded to tell me that he was not talking to me and that it is still a free country. I agreed and suggested that he educate himself a little better to avoid sounding like an idiot.

Yesterday in church, it made me think about how much all us "Christian whackos" are going to raise in a relief effort. How quickly all those "whackos" are to respond in times of crisis and how much they give of themselves. I'd say we, as Americans, are in this together. I'd also suggest to that gentlemen that he not be so quick to point the finger, when that very group is at the forefront in aid with this situation in NO.

Blake
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:29:46 AM EDT
thats ok, I spent the weekend helping with my churches relief effort (we are a UU congregation) and I get to hear constantly that heathens like me are the reason this country is going to hell in a handbasket.

/shrug

the world is full of pricks, just do your best not to be one of em

Top Top