Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 11:21:35 AM EDT
A friend of mine has a ceremonial Marine Corps sword.  The lower part of the blade has many engravings.  Right above the handle there is a Star of David.  At a recent gun show, my friend found the Star of David on all the swords that were for sale.  Does anyone know why that would be on a US Marine sword?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
www.marines.com/about_marines/thesword.asp

I found that... says it's a replica of a scimitar.  Maybe the engravings on it were of Arab significance?  I can't find anything with a close up detail of the engravings, tho...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I SERIOUSLY doubt an ARAB is going to have a Star of David on his sword.....

Camper
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I may be a soldier, but I know that "Corps" is the way to spell Marine Corps. Of course I simply call em "jarheads".
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The six pointed star on the Marine NCO sword is the Star of Damascus, not the Star of David.

More info here

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top