Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/17/2007 8:54:40 AM EST
After reviewing my posts in this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=587860&page=4

I believe my comments were too harsh and unprofessional, considering my background.

I apologize for any rude, unnecessary and inflammatory comments. They were out-of-order.

Once I believed I had been sufficiently insulted with suppositions, I should have clarified the situation or departed the thread and secured for the day.

I failed to do so. I will act accordingly in the future.

Best regards,

CPO US Navy SWCC (Retired)
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:56:32 AM EST
damn, internet "manning-up". good job.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:56:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:58:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2007 9:02:46 AM EST by XDBACKUPGUN]
No need for you to do this.

You have BTDT.

AFAIK Steyr has not.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:01:05 AM EST
Steyr is the zen dealer, I'm sure he has plenty left over for himself..
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:01:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By XDBACKUPGUN:

You have BTDT.

AFAIK Steyr has not.

+1

Who cares if he gets butt hurt over his hk's.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:09:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By elvisp:

Originally Posted By XDBACKUPGUN:

You have BTDT.

AFAIK Steyr has not.

+1

Who cares if he gets butt hurt over his hk's.

CPO is displaying a trait called "character". He felt the need to do it, so I suspect the apology was as much for himself as SA.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:16:53 AM EST
Please don't feed the attention whore.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:31:55 AM EST
Easy to get fired up on here.
And theres plenty of people who will respond.

Therefore for my own peace, and the peace of the board, unless something strikes me in particular I have reverted to
for my replies.
Save for a bunch a internet pissing matches.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:45:51 AM EST
To the OP a public apology wasn't necessary. I contacted you via PM to try and prevent this from being blown out of proportion. The entire thing was a misunderstanding.

Like I said in the PM I was simply trying to get information on the specific weapon failure and since you provided very little I was guessing at what may have been the problem. It was some of my guesses that you took offense to and imagined them to be an insult. I really wasn't trying to call you an idiot but understand I have seen a lot of idiotic things done on this forum (My Glock went off when I pulled the trigger) and as such I was seeking clarification.

As far as my detractors on this topic, not gonna bother. There are members whose opinions mean something and there are members whose opinions do not. Think as you like.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 10:01:14 AM EST
wow........having reviewed it fully i say no apology is needed but it most certainly shows the type of character you have CPO, far more respect than most. thanks for your service and im glad u didnt get waxed by some POS insurgent with an ak. best reguards!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 10:16:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2007 10:17:55 AM EST by SteyrAUG]

Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
wow........having reviewed it fully i say no apology is needed but it most certainly shows the type of character you have CPO, far more respect than most. thanks for your service and im glad u didnt get waxed by some POS insurgent with an ak. best reguards!

This is NOT directed to the original poster but to you.

You do not feel an apology was warranted for the following statement...

"I begin to believe your a petulant little prick with a demigod attitude that does not liked to be challenged with other opinions.

Which was posted as a result of the posters belief he was being insulted when he was not?

Wouldn't that more or less be the same exact thing he accused me of doing?

Again here is the specific post in question where he believed I attempted to suggest he was an idiot.

"You provided scant information about the circumstances. I asked about the weapon not the threats. But from the above it sounds like you failed to chamber a round in the first place. That would hardly be HKs fault.

I don't want to judge based upon what little info you provided but if you don't put a round in ANY weapon you are gonna be in a lot of trouble.

How specifically did the weapon fail you?

Did it fail to fire a chambered round? Fail to eject a fired round? Was the round at fault or the weapon?"

Again, I'm not raising this issue with the original poster. He took my questions for an insult and fired back. That is actually quite common on this forum. I've even done it a few times when I didn't carefully read what somebody said.

But in those cases, an apology was warranted.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 10:21:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

(My Glock went off when I pulled the trigger)

hmmmmmmmmm.........ummmmmmmm........ahhhhhhhh

Tagged for further study and analysis.

T
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 10:27:58 AM EST
Bah

this place gets nutz sometimes.

sometimes nutz get this place.

Top Top