Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:03:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 7:04:27 PM EDT by lu380]
ORIGINAL THREAD HERE

First off, I owe you a BIG apology. I absolutely did screw you, and feel terrible. That's why I've been avoiding your emails and phone calls. I'm ashamed of myself. It's not like me to agree to a sale and then walk away from it, but I decided to sell the gun to someone else locally when he offered me $900 for it (without all the shipping hassles and FFL fees).

I was having a very hard time figuring out how to ship the ammo, and there were some delays on my side because of my busy work schedule. I realized that it was going to take a large chunk of the money to ship, so I sold it to someone else. There's no excuse for what I did. I commited to the sale, and should have followed through.

I am not a scam artist. I never took payment for the gun, and never asked for payment until the gun was supposed to be shipped. You did have to pay your FFL a transfer fee prior to sending a fax, so I did cost you some money.

Guess what last name came up as the owner of the domain for his now-missing email address? Guess who bought that domain 2 days before he posted the ad here on AR?
Guess who has logged in several times since this became a mod issue and has not responded.

My email is down because of a server problem, not because I'm trying to duck anybody. I have received emails from both you and a mod prior to the email problem, and have been ignoring them because I know that I am in the wrong. It's been down for a couple of days now since an update was installed. The server belongs to my brother, who is an IT guy. I have no idea who bought the domain name two days before the ad was posted and who's name comes up as the owner. I don't even know what a domain name is. There is no conspiracy here, I screwed you over, plain and simple.

I'm not sure what I can do to make this right. As a good will gesture, I'm offering you my Beretta Tomcat .32, shipped to your FFL. In addition, I will cut and paste the text of this post as a public apology in GD.
Top Top