Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 11:08:08 PM EDT
from here, with apologies to Edward Tufte, and anyone who has to sit through these dreadful things.

I have come up with a way to calculate the Divulged Useful Median Basline Information quotient of any Power Point Presentation.

The variables in question would be:

p: Total number of slides in the presentation.
g: Pages without text, or pages that are not read from the presentation, or intelligently designed slides with usable information not being spoon fed to you.
F: Spoken phrases NOT from slide, excluding "Next slide, please"
T: Total number of spoken phrases, not including questions
H: Relative value of handouts/notes--complete presentation copies or useful info? (general scale from 1-3 would work, I think, if standardized upon by everyone. For purposes of this discussion, we'll go with a number between 0 and 1, as a decimal equivalent for a percentage.  Limiting the number of practical choices, though, to pre-defined answers would be in the best interests of standardization)
S: Presenter's grasp of the presentations' main language (for my purposes, English) in a flowing, lively or informative manner (again, 1-3 would be best, but for calculation purposes, 0-1)

So then:

Precentage of Content Related Across Presentation (C.R.A.P.) = ((p-g)/p)*100

Percentage of Spoken Heuristic Information Transferral (S.H.I.T.) = ((T-F)/T)*100

Divulged Useful Median Basline Information quotient is then (DUMB Info) = (S*100 + H*100 + [S.H.I.T.] + [C.R.A.P.]) / 4

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top