Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 5:14:58 PM EDT
A bit of background –– I am 23, just got out of college a few months ago, and I am not in the military.

Here's the list of friends who have joined so far, most within the past year or two.
  • 4 from high school –– USMC.  3 went OCS, I believe one will be heading to flight school, the other is still in TBS but is thinking he might be headed to tank school, and the other...I think he just did scout/sniper platoon leader's (or something like that?) along with infantry officer's course, and ground intel officer's course.  The fourth guy went enlisted after a few years of college.

• 3 from the scuba program I worked with for three years in college –– one went Army Rangers and has a tour in Iraq already, one just got out of USMC OCS, and the most recent is in USAF Combat Controller training right now.

I've also got a friend from diving who is in the Army, and I believe he is on arfcom.  *waves*

Thanks to all my friends (and everyone else who is currently in) for their service.  They are all of the highest caliber and I know that they will make us proud.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Im waving back... I see you. Are you going to be at rolesville in Oct?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What the hell are you waiting on? Uncle Sam wants you!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By E.r.i.k:
Im waving back... I see you. Are you going to be at rolesville in Oct?

Hey bud –– didn't know your screenname.  Amazing timing you have...

My lovely bride and I will both be there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
excellent...I cant wait to see you both...we can chat. Ill be there the night before.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top