Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/3/2002 4:52:27 PM EST
I've got a kind of tricky question for you. If you had a pre-ban AR15 with a military upper, could you also own a post-ban AR15. Could the pre-ban upper be considered constructive intent for the other weapon, even though the upper was installed on the pre-ban weapon. Would this same reasoning also go with a M-16 dummy gun and a post-ban AR15?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:20:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:32:05 PM EST
I think VA hit the nail on the head. Having a pre upper might be a concern for "intent" if you owned no pre lower, but since you have a legal lower to put it on, I don't think you would have a problem even you hosted a tupperware party for those ATF faggots....ahh, I mean gentlemen. I also agree with him about if they want intent, they'll find it if you own nothing more than a single shot 20 guage. So, legally you're fine. In reality, if they want to screw you, you're screwed. Mike
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:38:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/3/2002 6:55:19 PM EST by Prebandanna]
Let me clarify my reference to the dummy M-16. That is a M-16, with all its parts except the lower receiver, which has been replaced by a dummy non-functional receiver, to be used for display purposes. I bring this up because I've heard that it is not a good idea to have military dummy machineguns and also possess their civilian semi-auto,counterpart. (eg. possessing both the Thompson SMG dummy gun and also the the new production semi-auto Thompson made by Kahr.) Is it me, or are these laws kind of confusing? Thanks guys for your insightful wisdom.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:10:44 AM EST
Top Top