Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 12:12:49 AM EDT
Hey all. I have a glock 19 and was wanting input on Meprolight night sites that top glock has item # 6483. They are 6.5 mm in height with a green front site and yellow rear. The price is $69.95 + shipping. They also have in other color combos yellow, green, and orange. This will be for CCW. Are these night sites any good. What about my color combo choices (front green with yellow rear). I was told that the front site is the most important and that if your night sites were differntcolors it would be easyer and faster to identify the front site post if it was a different color from the rear sites. I picked green for the front because most say that green is the brightest and yellow better than the orange. So am I picking a winner here buy going with the meps and the color combo that I chose. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#1]
meps are good, and I have all green on my 19 so I can't help you there.  Your reasoning on choosing different colors seems sound though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I perfer just the front sight only and the rear blacked out.
Seems to work best for me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:30:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like the newer Meprosights.  They seem to be a bit brighter than Trijicons, which are certainly fine sights, and are a little cheaper to boot.

The idea behind different colors is that you can identify your front sight quickly.  In theory at least, it is possible to misalign your sights by putting the front sight off to the left or right of both of the rear sight lamps, giving the false impression that one of the rear lamps is actually the front sight.

While I’ve never had that issue, I have had situations where the front sight was hidden from view and I was looking at the rear lamps wondering if one of them was the front lamp.

Practically speaking, simply having just one lamp in the front sight is probably the best way to go – plus it’s cheaper!

Incidentally, suggest you use a sight pusher to install the rear sight since the traditional hammer and drift can easliy result in cracking a lamp.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump one last time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top