Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:48:10 PM EDT
Regarding Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcXiJibBloU

macpduff (2 weeks ago)

Audry, we miss you. I was 15, and in High School around the corner when this was being filmed.
You were the best, - and my idol.

He must be around 63.

Who are we going to remember when we're that old?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:17:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

macpduff (2 weeks ago)

Audry, we miss you. I was 15, and in High School around the corner when this was being filmed.

He must be around 63.

Hopefully I'll be dead by that age.  If I'm not, well then, there ain't anyone in Hollywood worth remembering these days.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump, because, why not.  Moon River's stuck in my head now,
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

macpduff (2 weeks ago)

He must be around 63.

Hopefully I'll be dead by that age.  If I'm not, well then, there ain't anyone in Hollywood worth remembering these days.  

What the FUCK?  You don't want to live to be 63?  How fuckin' old are you now?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
These kids.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Megan Fox when she opens the Camaro hood in Transformers comes to mind.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He must be around 63.

Hopefully I'll be dead by that age.  

Damn.

There is no reason for a man not to be in his prime of strength, intelligence, and productivity in his late 50s, and just beginning to slack off a little and enjoy the fruits of is labor in his 60s.

In some martial arts, the highest grade of mastery is typically not achieved until one is in his 60s.

A lifelong practice of moderation in what one consumes, plus a steady –– not crazed –– steady devotion to overall fitness makes the 5th and 6th decades of life the absolute prime of life.

Just because most people do not take care of themselves does not mean there is any inherent natural reason to go into decline in one's 50s or 60s.

Slowing down maybe, into a calmly steady strength, and a less rigourous maintenance routine –– but no decrepitude.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

macpduff (2 weeks ago)

He must be around 63.

40 here, and I agree with him, 63, 68 tops.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

macpduff (2 weeks ago)

He must be around 63.

Then you're both pretty fucking ridiculous.
I want to live until I can't take care of myself anymore.  I hope to hell that's older than 63,
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

macpduff (2 weeks ago)

He must be around 63.

Then you're both pretty fucking ridiculous.
I want to live until I can't take care of myself anymore.  I hope to hell that's older than 63,

"pretty fucking ridiculous", mayby, but I have watched to many people lose the quality of life around 65, sure a lot live long happy lives, but I don't feel like the chances are worth it. I will not kill myself, I will live as long as I live, just not interested in finding out if it is a long GOOD life or 30 years of Alzheimer's, Cancer, rest homes, or other quality of life robbing crap.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"pretty fucking ridiculous", mayby, but I have watched to many people lose the quality of life around 65, sure a lot live long happy lives, but I don't feel like the chances are worth it. I will not kill myself, I will live as long as I live, just not interested in finding out if it is a long GOOD life or 30 years of Alzheimer's, Cancer, rest homes, or other quality of life robbing crap.

I'm very willing to kill myself...or at least put myself in a situation where I will undoubtedly die...when I am coming close to the point where I can't take care of myself anymore.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow, I watched the video and was blown away by just how beautiful she was, then I start reading the thread, talk about the train going off the tracks.  One of the reasons I love this site.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow, I watched the video and was blown away by just how beautiful she was, then I start reading the thread, talk about the train going off the tracks.  One of the reasons I love this site.

You learn not to look free bumps in the mouth.  Glad that old guy's comment helped you discover what a classy beauty Hepburn was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top