Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 3:32:52 PM EDT
Iran claims that it had a successful test of a missile than can avoid radar.  I think this is bullshit.  Could a third-world hack of a country develop such a thing????
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure they can. Did they? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I call DUPE

ETA....I thought, but couldnt find it, so......
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I call DUPE

What dupe??!!  I couldn't find anything else on the topic.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I call DUPE

so.... you should be publicly smacked across the entire arfcom forums as a message to the massive number of people who get giddy in their ability to call something a dupe.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a gut feeling WE ARE GOING IN !!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Odd, It was on the poe-news site but it seems to be gone

\me looks for black choppers in the air

Found it

Iran says it's building stealth missile

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran is producing its first stealth missile, a rocket that can evade electronic detection, the Iranian Defense Ministry said Tuesday while withholding its range.

The missile, named Kowsar after a river in Muslim descriptions of paradise, will be capable of hitting ships and aircraft, Defense Ministry spokesman Mohammad Reza Imani told The Associated Press.

He refused to give the missile's range or provide other details. Features of the Kowsar, such as its guidance and positioning systems, are currently on show at an exhibition in Tehran that is open only to select government officials.

Iranian state television announced the Kowsar Tuesday while screening pictures of a missile flying through the air.

Iran manufactures various missiles, chief among them the Shahab-3 whose range of 810-miles makes it capable of reaching Israel.

Iran also produces tanks, armored personnel carriers, and a fighter plane.

The Kowsar river is mentioned in the Quran, Islam's holy book.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#8]
No reason that it isn't technically feasible.  All the more reason to bomb the shit out of them sooner.  Suckers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Iran claims that it had a successful test of a missile than can avoid radar.  I think this is bullshit.  Could a third-world hack of a country develop such a thing????

Iran has plenty of money, Russia has plenty of unemployed missile designers and scientists… go figure

ANdy

So I think this calls for deception that the British Intelligence agencies are famous for. I think someone, and I'm not saying who, needs to fake some telemetry data showing this thing to actually be capable of the claims, but having only the range to hit Russia and China.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iran has plenty of money, Russia has plenty of unemployed missile designers and scientists… go figure

ANdy

Yes but in this case, I believe the Iranians are significantly exaggerating their capabilities, perhaps in response to our recent threatening bunker buster demonstration in Nevada.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top