Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2002 8:45:26 PM EDT
Hello all,

As some of you know, we received the "Klez" virus last week, and it took our computers down for several days.  We have removed the virus, but lost about 100 emails.  If you send us an email, and did not get a reply, please resend.  Sorry about that!  Thanks!

[url]www.sableco.net[/url]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I second that motion. Norton is what Wash U uses to protect their network. I've never had any problems after 4 years on a dreadful collegiate ethernet.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy:
And don't forget: don't click on those attachments!
View Quote

Yep!
I got seven e-mails with attachments from members here last Wednesday. I realized what was going on right away because of the warning that (GB?) pinned up.
I'd never open 'em up anyway, but JFTHOI I asked two of the supposed senders. And sure enough.....
[i](They all had different subject titles this time)[/i]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, the good news is:  We do use Norton!  The bad news is:  I apparently didn't upgrade my definitions when I should have, and the virus got through.  Once we figured out what the problem was, Norton had an easy fix on their website that took care of it.  Lesson learned?  Use the the virus definition update regularly!  Thanks all!

Donnie Pridemore
[url]www.sableco.com[url]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, you should check it every day (24 hours), especially if your business depends upon it.

Take care,

themao [chainsawkill]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top