Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 3:35:24 PM EDT
Just kinda wondering what s up if anything I live close to the air base on cape cod  GO getem boys[50][-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I live near Baltimore Md and right after 9-11 there were many many F-16's F-18's and a few A-10's but alot of the skies have calmed down since then but eveyonce in a while I can spot a F-16. I like the F-18's better though!

[b]Come to take my guns.......I'll give ya the bullets first!!![/b][50]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the carriers returned to the Norfolk, VA today...they have to bed those jets at bases all along the eastern seaboard...that may have something to do with it. Otherwise, we don't see much. I flew to Hurlburt Field, FL this weekend and did see that many of the AC and MC-130s were back though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
the day or 2 after 9/11 i saw some F-16s.  a few years ago, my school had a field trip to London England, and after the trip we visited Soctland.  we have friends there who have a house on the river "Dee"  (i think thats how its spelled)  as i was walking along the river I herd a very loud jet sounding somthing.  so i looked up, and about 700ft above me was a F-111 with missiles and all!  it took me a while before my hearing was regained. lol  it was a sight to behold!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Always have A-10's flying over. Once in awhile a blackhawk will go by, also a few hueys too. I saw a few cobra's at the base were my dad works, but have never seen one fly over.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Citabria:
    Your story reminded me of my early 80's USAF tour at RAF Lakenheath. I was vacationing in northwestern Scotland driving though a long valley when I saw two 111s on a low level run through the same valley. I couldn't catch the tail codes, so I don't know if they were some of mine or not. But, man, were they smokin'!! Made me feel good to know I was part of the Warsaw Pact's central heating (if you know what I mean). Ah, those were the days. Getting paid to drink good beer and turn(fix)jets. What a life!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just kinda wondering what s up if anything I live close to the air base on cape cod  GO getem boys[50][-=(_)=-]
View Quote

Well, there IS a war on[:D]

Ross
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#9]
9/12/01 02:00
308wood is in bed sound asleep.
He is startled awake and hears a jet pulling hard over his small village in Texas.
He waits a second for any secondary  explosions.
Hearing none he thinks “give em hell boys” and goes back to sleep.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, there IS a war on[:D]

Ross
View Quote
Uh Oh Yea What the hell was I "thunkin"  Someones gotta be the brains of this here outfit That be you[;)][BD]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I the New River Valley of VA I see a lot of    F-15E's flying......had 2 A-10's the other day and a couple weeks ago I saw 2 B-1's, that was just plain awesome.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Citabria:
    Your story reminded me of my early 80's USAF tour at RAF Lakenheath. I was vacationing in northwestern Scotland driving though a long valley when I saw two 111s on a low level run through the same valley. I couldn't catch the tail codes, so I don't know if they were some of mine or not. But, man, were they smokin'!! Made me feel good to know I was part of the Warsaw Pact's central heating (if you know what I mean). Ah, those were the days. Getting paid to drink good beer and turn(fix)jets. What a life!!
View Quote
 i understand :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top