Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:11:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2009 12:39:57 PM EST by Aiden]
Subject: Our Son Bryan Berky

I'm so sorry, I don't remember if we met in Delaware, Gainesville or both.This past week has been a blur. We just wanted to say Thank you. Through this whole tragedy the Air Force has been with my family every step. We could not have made it through this without you. I am not talking the financial end of things although that has been so very generous. John (can't at this time remember his whole rank and such) was a God send to my Daughter in law,Grandson and us. All any of us had to do was look his way and he was right there ready to help, be it with a question we had or holding us up. We lost Bryan on Sept.12 and at the same time gained the largest family possible, the Air Force. We are honored to be a part of this.

Thankfully we have only run into 2-3 negative people. I caught on to their game pretty quick. Like this war is wrong or there was no reason for Bryan to have been there etc... I'm sure you have heard them all. My answer to them was"The Air Force did not take my son. Bryan chose to serve and protect this country and us after 9-11 happened and loved his job. Bryan made the ultimate sacrifice. They should be angry at the ones that took my baby from us (and all the other brave soldiers) not their own country. It's because of the military you can stand here or anywhere you please and say this, I would end with Thankyou for coming." I know they were surprised I did not see eye to eye with them after all I had just lost a son and it left them speechless. I had to smile because I knew this is what Bryan would have said among other things. Like kiss my a** why are you here? Go over there and live if you don't like all the freedoms we have here. That would be my baby. Of course he would used the really colorful words.

I have to admit that last weekend I told Jeremy that he was not going in theAir Force as planned. Jeremy and Bryan have had many talks about Jeremy enlisting. Jeremy told us Tuesday he still wants to enlist. What can a parent say after everything we have been though this week? We had lost our first born already and the fear of losing another is unbearable. We sucked it up and said it was his choice and we support his decision. Look for another Berky sometime after the new year. Jeremy will be finishing his AA from Santa FeDec.11 and as he said "Depending on how we (Mom & Dad) are doing decides when he goes in." We could not be prouder of our boys. Bryan was so very proud toServe and we have always been proud of Bryan. Bryan's Air Force family meant so much to him.

You have a great bunch of men and women serving and may God bless each and everyone of you for the sacrifices you all make every day on behalf of this Country.

I'm sorry I am rambling but I had to let you know just how much I appreciate the love and care you have given my family.

Thank you for your time,

Signed not an angry Mom but a very proud one !!Sonya, Bill and Jeremy Berky

ETA: This letter was not to me, it was to a General in his command I believe. I just got it as an e-mail at work (AF), and thought it was awesome.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:32:08 AM EST
She's got a good attitude, especially just after losing a son.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:53:25 AM EST
Any link to a story on the Airman?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:57:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By Heartkill:
Any link to a story on the Airman?

http://www.patriotguard.org/Forums/tabid/61/postid/1239999/view/topic/Default.aspx

Not a news story, but...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:03:52 AM EST
thanks for posting
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:33:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By nickmimi:
thanks for posting

I just thought it was a touching letter, you can tell she is a good mother.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:37:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By nickmimi:
thanks for posting

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:39:34 PM EST
Good read, thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:18:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By Heartkill:
Good read, thank you for sharing.

No problem.
Top Top