Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2001 3:23:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/24/2001 3:25:11 PM EST by HANGFIRE]
yesterday sponsered by [url]www.govt-waste.org/[/url]. In the letter he details how powerful forces load the DOD budget with pork and items the Services neither asked for or want while not giving them what they want or need. "Thankfully, the new Bush Administration has pledged itself to spending the dollars needed to restore morale and readiness, but their efforts will be of little use if the new spending is again diverted to pork barrel projects that benefit Congressmen more than our soldiers." I agree with every thing he and Citizens Against Government Waste, CAGW, say. My problem is that I have come to despise Sen. McCain and am loath to support him or anything he stands for no matter how worthy the cause may be. His "Incumbant Protection Bill" was the last straw; preventing gun supporters from speaking out on the anti-gun members of Congress during the election cycle. Should I fill out the CAGW NATIONAL DEFENSE READINESS SURVEY and send them money to support our Service People or should I send a letter stating that I will not support your efforts because I despise Sen. John McCain and anyone he supports. What should we do?
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 4:24:28 PM EST
That's a tough call. I might support them, but I'd include a letter stating my negative feelings about McCain.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 4:30:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 4:35:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 4:43:32 PM EST
This is a BS tactic. McCain knows he's alienated a lot of people, he's on the ropes. He picks an issue to grand stand on, that very few would disagree with, to foster support. Don't fall for it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:38:47 PM EST
Yes, why do you continue to believe anything that man says? Nothing he does syncs with the things he says. It's all bait & switch with McCain. Actions speak louder than words.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:50:19 PM EST
I could smell Bill Clinton blood in McCain system, As matter fact, I don't trust S.O.B John McCain.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:50:37 PM EST
McCain hs showed his true colors(Democrat pink) He's a DICK! I know several people in AZ who voted for him who are breathing a big sigh of relief that he lost the primaries. Let's see if he gets re-elected or if he switches parties before the elections to run under his true party afiliation. My .02
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:08:09 PM EST
well being from Az i can proudly say that alot of us dont like him either not just my pro gun friends
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:47:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By cyrax777: well being from Az i can proudly say that alot of us dont like him either not just my pro gun friends
View Quote
Great. Love to hear it!!!!!
Top Top