Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2001 4:23:17 PM EDT
yesterday sponsered by [url]www.govt-waste.org/[/url]. In the letter he details how powerful
forces load the DOD budget with pork and items
the Services neither asked for or want while
not giving them what they want or need.
"Thankfully, the new Bush Administration has
pledged itself to spending the dollars needed to
restore morale and readiness, but their efforts
will be of little use if the new spending is again diverted to pork barrel projects that
benefit Congressmen more than our soldiers."
I agree with every thing he and Citizens Against
Government Waste, CAGW, say.
My problem is that I have come to despise Sen.
McCain and am loath to support him or anything
he stands for no matter how worthy the cause may
be. His "Incumbant Protection Bill" was the last straw; preventing gun supporters from speaking out on the anti-gun members of Congress
during the election cycle.
Should I fill out the CAGW NATIONAL DEFENSE READINESS SURVEY and send them money to support
our Service People or should I send a letter
stating that I will not support your efforts
because I despise Sen. John McCain and anyone
he supports. What should we do?
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a tough call. I might support them, but I'd include a letter stating my negative feelings about McCain.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a BS tactic.  McCain knows he's alienated a lot of people, he's on the ropes.  He picks an issue to grand stand on, that very few would disagree with, to foster support.  

Don't fall for it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, why do you continue to believe anything that man says?  Nothing he does syncs with the things he says.  It's all bait & switch with McCain.  Actions speak louder than words.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I could smell Bill Clinton blood in McCain system, As matter fact, I don't trust S.O.B John McCain.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
McCain hs showed his true colors(Democrat pink) He's a DICK! I know several people in AZ who voted for him who are breathing a big sigh of relief that he lost the primaries. Let's see if he gets re-elected or if he switches parties before the elections to run under his true party afiliation.
My .02
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#8]
well being from Az i can proudly say that alot of us dont like him either not just my pro gun friends
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
well being from Az i can proudly say that alot of us dont like him either not just my pro gun friends
View Quote

Great. Love to hear it!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top