Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2005 7:46:22 AM EDT
About 2 years ago I had an Argentine 1911 (with CTC grips) stolen from me when my car got stolen...

Well, I'm home on leave, and I get this thought 'Hey, maybe the police recovered it! I should call and check to see if they picked it up in connection with another crime'...

Well, I call, and they have my gun...

It appears that since my police report went in as an AUTO THEFT, that no one told the WEAPONS DESK that there was also a GUN THEFT involved.

So they recovered my gun, and it was put on the destroy list since it was unclaimed and not marked stolen, but it's not been destroyed yet (so they say)...

They are now starting the paperwork to (a) consider it stolen, and (b) return it to me... The lady just called over to put destruction on hold (hopefully they don't cut it before they get the stop order)...

With all luck, I will have both the pistol and the lasergrips back before I head out to Ft Eustis...

If the cops don't screw the pooch again...
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn that is good luck.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, that's some real Yoda shit right there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top