Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2001 5:49:47 AM EDT
but I got a chuckle out of it. US Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other > day > > and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him > concerning > > guns and children. It is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) > > interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General > Reinwald > > who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military > > installation. > > > > FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to > teach > > these young boys when they visit your base? > > > > GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, > and > > shooting. > > > > FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it? > > > > GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the > > rifle range. > > > > FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous > > activity to be teaching children? > > > > GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle > > discipline before they even touch a firearm. > > > > FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers. > > > > GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're > not > > one, are you? > > > > The radio went silent and the interview ended. > > > > This has got to be one of the best live comeback lines ever! > >
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:54:37 AM EDT
ROTFLMAO! [beer] Cheers to him!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:55:40 AM EDT
I don't know if it is true of not either. But I do know that it has been making the rounds for at least three years now. It is a good argument though and worthy of being passed on ocassionally.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:01:37 AM EDT
Sounds like a Marine to me........... [soapbox] [where is the jar head icon?]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:02:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:47:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GovtThug: BULLSHIT! [url]http://www.snopes2.com/military/reinwald.htm[/url]
View Quote
who cares! i'm using it!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:51:37 AM EDT
Top Top