Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2001 4:27:45 AM EDT
For malicious wounding, assault w/ a deadly weapon possession of a firearm during a commission of a felony and possession of cocaine w/intent to distribute.

On Thursday night coming out of a bar my friend says that they were leaving the place in their car when 2 guys started mouthing off, well, instead of driving away this one dude grabed his berretta got in the guys face and they started grappling and the gun went off 1 inch from this one dudes ear.  Those in the Roanoke VA area heard it on the news last night.  This sucks for us gun owners because the perp. had a ccw and because he is a complete dumbass we look bad.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 4:48:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, now I feel real bad and stupid after getting a CHL here in Texas. Man what a mistake. I shoot all the time and strip my guns down for cleaning just to kill time. I guess I'll have to stop all that now that I have a CHL and try to forget how to shoot. Man, that is gonna take some time.

Just kidding beer_slayer. I know what you mean. I've met a few myself that bought one gun to carry and have only shot it maybe once. It's kind of goofy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...He bought the pistols 3 years ago and has never fired it. He opened the box loaded it and holstered it. No cleaning no testing.
View Quote

[b]THAT[/b] is my biggest fear about the "average" person with a new CCW permit.
And people don't comprehend the utter stupidity of such a practice.[thinking]I'm a damned decent
pistol shooter - not the best around by
a long way but far from incompetent.  And just
being able to stay at a level of proficiency
that I'm comfortable with requires 400-500
or more rnds of practice a month.

[:D]

It's one thing work out on steel plates
for 3-4 magazines, and warm up into a routine
where you can double tap 3 consecutive
plates accurately and quickly.  That's not
the kind of proficiency I'm after.  I have
to practice constantly to be able to make
the first 6 rounds "out of the holster"
quick and accurate.  In a SHTF scenario, I'm
not counting on having or needing time to
warm up.

You gotta be good "cold" - and that takes
practice.  Constant practice.

[uzi]

Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:37:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Beer Slayer, I  know where ya coming from man, but more laws are not what we need. Even if you had such a law, they'd attend the class and after it was over with drop right back into their routine.

If someone is going to carry, they've got to stay up to speed. I personally go to the range atleast once a month, sometimes 4 or 5 times a month if possible.

VthokieShooter's friend's, "friend" made the first mistake of carrying a weopon to a bar, especialy if he was there to drink and have a good time. Alcohol doens't mix well with short tempers and a gun.

View Quote

I only met my friends friend once.....honestly he scared the hell out of me, if anyone has seen the movie "Dead man on campus", his personality is like that crazy f&^k that shot at the police.  I kept telling my friend that he was gonna get into trouble....
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hate to say it but i would like to see a mandatory laws and safety class for issue.
View Quote

They have that in The sunshine state. Its the biggest joke you have ever seen. If you can sit still and listen to some retired cop feed his ego for two hours and then go BOOM! one time you are home free!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Hope he gets a lot of jail time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hope he gets a lot of jail time.
View Quote

Me too, right now he is looking at 4-10 in pound-me-in-the-ass prison.  I think prozak may help him calm down too.

Go Hokies!!!

Here is the news story:
By SHAY WESSOL
THE ROANOKE TIMES

BLACKSBURG - Police arrested a Virginia Tech student Friday some 12 hours after a gunshot narrowly missed the head of a 22-year-old fellow student during an argument in the parking lot of the Four Points Sheraton Hotel.

Scott Ryan Dillon, 22, was arrested around noon on charges of malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and brandishing a firearm. He is being held without bond in the Montgomery County Jail.

The shooting occurred about 12:30 a.m. Friday after the argument "escalated to a slight physical altercation," said Lt. Bruce Bradbery of the Blacksburg Police Department.

Words gave way to pushing and shoving. Soon after, a man pulled a .40-caliber handgun from the waistband of his jeans and fired one round at the victim's face, he said.

Bradbery said he did not know what the argument was about. The victim, Brian Frank Fisher, had been in Attitudes, a nightclub that is part of the Four Points Hotel, but police were unsure if the suspect had been there too, Bradbery said.

The gunshot missed, but Fisher suffered powder burns, a slight eye injury, abrasions and a minor hearing loss, Bradbery said.

Fisher was treated and released from Montgomery Regional Hospital, Bradbery said.

The man who fired the shot fled the hotel parking lot at 900 Prices Fork Road as a Blacksburg officer approached the scene minutes after the shot was fired, Bradbery said. Police later contacted the suspect at his home. A gun was recovered.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to make one observation here - until CCW laws were passed, morons like this one would carry without.  All CCW did was let those of us who intend to be responsible, law-abiding citizens do it too.

They [u]should[/u] throw the book at him.  He represents the tiny fraction of idiots who go through the CCW process and then do something illegal with a firearm.  By and large even the people you complain about that don't practice and don't clean their weapons are not a threat to society - they're a net benefit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
What happened to the coke?
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top