Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2002 3:18:05 AM EDT
I found out this AM that Clay Tyson, who many of us know from the EE board, has his father in the Coronary Care Unit in a local south Florida hospital.    

I know your prayers and thoughts would mean alot....
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Why is he there?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:29:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Heart trouble I would think...   Don't know all the details yet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Heart trouble I would think...   Don't know all the details yet.
View Quote

I'll trust that you aren't being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]
No,  not being sarcastic I just don't know the details yet.  If I hear more I'll pass it along.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump..
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Clay is a stand up guy over in the EE and someone I consider a friend, prayers go out to his father and all of the family.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I just found out about this thread and can't tell you how much your thoughts and prayers sent mean to us right now. My father is in pretty bad shape and has suffered a 3rd degree aortic dissection of the desending aorta. The dissection begins near the top of the heart as the aorta desends from the upward curve and continues down to the illac branch near the pelvic region.

He was recovering from emergency gall bladder removal surgery done around the second week of March and a stroke that occured approximately 2 weeks after that. His gall bladder was more than 3 times the normal size from infection. He had been very sick for the past 3 years and possibly walking around in a state of sepsis from the gall bladder infection for an unknown period.

Whew!!! All this on top of full time Fire Rescue, Union District Vice President of IAFF Local 2928, and a carpet/upholstery/tile&grout cleaning business on my days off from Fire Rescue. And there are my 3 and 5.5 year old boys that come before all else ......... thank God for my wonderful wife and supportive friends.

Thanks, you guys, we really appreciate the kind words and emails.

Clay & Family

P.S. Cigardad: I will do my best to get your Colt 9mm upper and Colt mag out in the next couple of days.

Kevin: Check is in the mail for Wilson's upgrade.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Update: Just finished speaking with my Mom and found out the surgeons implanted a pacemaker in my Dad's heart and put him on heavy duty beta blockers to get his blood pressure down. They believe the flap caused by the dissection will re-attach itself if his blood pressure and pulse and keep way down. His right kidney is not working due to the flap from the dissection cutting off the blood supply, but his left kidney is working ok right now.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and messages.

Clay
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
That really blows. I couldnt possibly imagine my father being in such a bad way.

Clay, get well soon. We miss you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Hang in there Clay.  I hope everything works out for you and your family.

God bless!
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all of the prayers and emails ....... it is comforting to know that so many people really care.

My father has been moved to a 'Progressive Care Unit' as of 2 days ago. His blood pressure has still not stabilized with even more medication. I spoke with my mom again last night and she said that he did have a 'good day' yesterday and rested well the night before for the first time since he has been in the hospital.

I'll try to drop by GD and leave an update every few days.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Clay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top