Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 6:47:26 AM EDT
I had to leave saturday night before things got REALLY interesting, so I just ducked out and headed home. Hate that I missed part of the fun....

But anyway......

I got to meet lots of folks.

I enjoyed the company of every single one of them.

I had a ball.

I shot the M60 and the Thompson

I want to go back next year.

It seems like throughout the event, everywhere i turned, I saw someone going out of their way to help someone or do something extra for someone. I saw folks leave stuff laying out in the open...guns even...and nobody even dreamed of taking them. The food was absolutely delicious, all of it......and I ate several meals for free (ok, I dropped money in the donation boxes...but it wasn't a requirement, and the folks handing me food didn't know....).

I say this to ANYONE who was there, and everyone I met:

I enjoyed myself. You Texans are a quite hospitable bunch..

The 2-lane roads w/ 70 MPH speed limits...I may move to TX just for that.....Nevermind the sheer beauty of your women ([cough] SigZiggy! [/cough]

Friday night's Hayride.....well, I'm just glad i didn't have to give a deposition afterwards.

Especially that part where someone was going from the running boards to the roof and over the other side down to the other running boards....glad he lived through that. All that climbing around on a moving vehicle reminded me of a, um, GOAT.

Anyone who missed Gunstock....missed a good time. Shame on you.......you really missed a good time.

Oh, and Eric the Hun, if you ever drop by George's again, please ask the lovely miss Nicole if she'd quit stealing hearts.....she could either ship mine back to me, or if she likes, just deliver it in person......

-arowner(had a GREAT time)again
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Since that was such a sincere post, I will post mine.
Last year I worked my ass off on the range, This year I was intending to do the same thing.
Thursday night, I get there and we have the usual....who are you? How far? Hey buddy how ya been? And then I started meeting new people...Socal and Houston, FIB's and OK's. Stayed out in the parking lot with a blueberry until 3 AM.
Friday we had a few range officers and I ponied up and stayed out in a bay almost all day, then friday evening, more people more new friends, cute ones, LARGE ones, old friends, cubans, and mexicans. I left in fear for my life and drove to pick up the girlfriend, slept in my own bed and went to a gun show on sat. Arrived back on site around three and the saturday fun began. hayride, way of the gun and a LOT of sleepy people. Friday night just wore some people out. Sunday, wake up and join my lifelong newly met friends for a refreshing round of sit in a chair and watch everyone leave. If you people would just walk away, it would be much quicker than walking around for an hour telling everyone good bye. Back on the range as a range officer---strangely we all got to shoot some also--until 3 pm. Pack up and kiss TJ's ass some more for a great weekend and then drive home.
I really really thank all of you who made this such a well run effort. The gloftoes went above and beyond and made it look easy. Tj, his wife and the Tiger valley boys made sure that everyone was taken care of and fed. TRG and !gunrunner--with a lot of assistance, made sure that everyone on saturday night had enough good food. Thanks to all involved and hopefully new friends will become old friends, and old friends will stay with us.
To all those that didn't make it, when we met again, we have new brothers and sisters to introduce to you...see ya soon.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Friday night's Hayride.....well, I'm just glad i didn't have to give a deposition afterwards.

it was private property and nobody pressed charges!!!!

Especially that part where someone was going from the running boards to the roof and over the other side down to the other running boards....glad he lived through that. All that climbing around on a moving vehicle reminded me of a, um, GOAT.

and nobody there to take pictures

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Now that's a date for ya..."it was private property and no-one pressed charges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top