Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/11/2001 11:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2001 12:03:57 AM EDT by AFARR]
I work with a Sudanese individual, who has filled me in on some common knowledge within the Moslem world in the past. Bin Laden has shoveled enormous amounts of money into both Afghanistan and Sudan. He has a house in Sudan, and funded the major highway in the country. Neither country would be quick to give him up. The $5 million reward on his head is 1/100th the amount he has shelled out into both countries (with the implication of significant bribes also), and he is surrounded with fanatically loyal individuals--that is how he is able to come and go without being detected. Even if he miscalculated the American rage and probable military (can you say Cruise Missile) response, he is almost undoubtedly out of his better known bases in case they are bombed. He is one of the few possibles to do something like this--enough loyalty that it would not leak out is the primary reason. Suicide attacks are primarily the MO of the fanatical Moslem groups--which kind of leaves out American groups, Chinese, etc. None of which should come as a surprise to anyone here, as it is still common knowledge outside the Moslem world also. The general Moslem view of Bin Laden is the same as ours--he is an animal using his religion as a cover for a desire for violence. Unfortunately, he is wealthy enough to be able to succeed in his attacks with relative impunity. His actions reflects badly on the Moslem communities here and abroad, and there are already reports of death threats and threats of violence against Islamic leaders/Mosques, etc. here in the US. Now, a few predictions-- 1. The comment has been repeatedly made "why didn't the 50+ people on the airplane rush the guys", "they must be sheep", etc. I am predicting that what will be found out is that they got up out of their seats, moved towards the cabin (from first class and coach) and only started cutting/stabbing when they were stopped by the flight attendants. Any passenger that stood up got the same treatment. The majority of the passengers probably didn't even know what happened until they were on the flight deck. Once they were there, they killed or disabled the flight crew and crashed the plane quickly. There was probably no time to respond for anyone. 2. All flight deck doors will be permanantly secured during flights, and will be armored ASAP. 3. I am also predicting that one of the few hero's to come out of this will be one of the flight crew on the Pennsylvania airplane. The terrorists were apparently trying to make Camp David (probably selected as a "statement" because of the Arab/Israeli peace accords being worked out there). The Terrorists apparently knew how to fly, and would presumably have been able to get to Camp David with no difficulty, but possibly one of the flight crew learned what had happened at the WTC and Pentagon, and crashed the flight rather than losing control of it. AFARR
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:49:44 PM EDT
I think US forces shot down that last plane, just a hunch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:50:55 PM EDT
Which shall we invade first, Sudan, or Afganistan? My pick is Sudan, our tanks work better there. But the media has hyped up Afganistan so much that they may not understand why we attack Sudan first.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:35:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: Which shall we invade first, Sudan, or Afganistan? My pick is Sudan, our tanks work better there. But the media has hyped up Afganistan so much that they may not understand why we attack Sudan first.
View Quote
Iraq. The other two are far more difficult to effect and less consequential in the big picture. That is, if we could only attack one. As it is I'll take what I can get. Iraq BTW is the only nation with the balls to print in their official newspapers congratulations and applause. The rest are clamping down SOME.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:24:03 AM EDT
There is another way. Let Israel loose in the Middle East. They will DESTROY the place. Then we take Afganistan, Sudan, Iraq, and EVERY OTHER COUNTRY THAT SUPPORTS TERRORISIM.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:28:57 AM EDT
Good question is now, Should I buy a 50 cal? c-rock
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:47:59 AM EDT
I'd also be willing to bet a new Federal Airline Security Agency (FASA?) will be formed... purpose being for a single undercover armed agent to fly on EVERY domestic flight. M.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:51:16 AM EDT
Right on timh70. We are the only reason that Israel hasn't destroyed everyone else in the Middle East. After the US finishes over there we should supply Israel with more weapons and look the other way.[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:01:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2001 5:07:00 AM EDT by e8ght]
Originally Posted By kramrd: I'd also be willing to bet a new Federal Airline Security Agency (FASA?) will be formed... purpose being for a single undercover armed agent to fly on EVERY domestic flight. M.
View Quote
One guy versus an likely unknown number of likely unknown terrorists? It'll take more than one. But one would have been an improvement. cRock, buy that 50 if you can afford it and the accessories. If this blows up to full scale war it will likely be more difficult to buy most firearms and ammunition.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:07:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By kramrd: I'd also be willing to bet a new Federal Airline Security Agency (FASA?) will be formed... purpose being for a single undercover armed agent to fly on EVERY domestic flight. M.
View Quote
The Air Marshalls. They're out there, but there aren't nearly enough of them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:08:04 AM EDT
Top Top