Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/8/2003 8:45:56 PM EDT
In all my years as a technician I have only been thrown out of a customers house once. I dont know what was up this guys ass but apparently he did not like the 600.00 estimate I gave him. so he asks me to leave. A few days later my boss tells me that the customer not only refused to pay the 54.00 service call but he wrote a letter about me. In this letter, the guy writes: "Your technician comes into my house, he is sporting an earring (at that time I had one) and with his 'Jocular' mannerisms and gives me a 600.00 estimate." JOCULAR MANNERISMS???? WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS CALLING JOCULAR??? THAT BASTARD!!! I AM FURIOUS (but what the hell does 'Jocular" mean?) So I look it up in the dictionary. Jocular: One having a sense of humor. OK!!!!!!! I can deal with that.!!! What a dick. So this customer who BTW has a Rolls Royce in his driveway said he will NEVER call our company for service again! fine by me AND my boss. since then I started my own business and GUESS who calls me for service one day? YES. Mr Jocular Mannerism himself!! I go there and he doesnt recognize me. (Cut my hair, took out the earring and now sporting a goatee.) He was telling me how that last company he used years ago was incompetent especially the long haired tech they sent. I made sure that the estimate he got this time had the 54.00 he screwed me out of last time in it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:00:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:13:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DrFrige: since then I started my own business and GUESS who calls me for service one day? YES. Mr Jocular Mannerism himself!! I go there and he doesnt recognize me. ([red]Cut my hair, took out the earring[/red] and now sporting a goatee.) He was telling me how that last company he used years ago was incompetent especially the long haired tech they sent. .
View Quote
Ain't it amazing, the transformations we go through, when we start our OWN business, and our bread and butter depends in part on our public appearance!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:15:54 PM EDT
Nice...it's bitter sweet, isn't it? Ok, maybe just sweet [:D] .
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2003 9:19:37 PM EDT by Lazyshooter]
As a 'fridge repairman, do you put on loose pants, bend over to clean coils, etc., and give the ladies a look at the top half of your crack?[:D] That's probably why you've never been thrown out of anybody else's house.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:19:05 PM EDT
I have similar stories about seeing passengers from the Bus routes out in public. They don't recognize me, but, I know them. Weird.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:28:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lazyshooter: As a 'fridge repairman, do you put on loose pants, bend over to clean coils, etc., and give the ladies a look at the top half of your crack?[:D] That's probably why you've never been thrown out of anybody else's house.[;)]
View Quote
No. if they saw that horror show they would DEFINITELY throw my "ass" out... pun intended [;)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:59:29 PM EDT
when you leave his house, WITH THE CHECK IN HAND, remind the guy who he just paid, Ole Mr. Jocular. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:46:36 PM EDT
No, not unitl after the check clears.
Originally Posted By Garand1911: when you leave his house, WITH THE CHECK IN HAND, remind the guy who he just paid, Ole Mr. Jocular. [:D]
View Quote
Top Top