Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/27/2002 12:29:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2002 12:33:00 PM EDT by MattC]
While I am relatively new to these message boards and this site I really enjoy reading over them. However, there are a couple things that would be nice additions. I think it would be cool if there would be a lot more articles. There are some really good articles on the site, but I think there are too few. One example would be for somebody to make an article showing how somebody might create a discreet carry case for an ar-15 by using a toolbox. This would be relatively easy for somebody to do, considering numerous people have already wrote pretty lengthy instructions on these forums. There is a quick-link bar (can't remember what it is called) on the bottom of the forums that allow you to jump to any forums you like. I think it would be really cool for that to be on the main page of ar-15.com... Thanks for reading. Matt
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:32:38 PM EDT
First of all...welcome.. Second....START WRITING!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:33:03 PM EDT
why don't [i]you[/i] write up that article about the discreet carry case. seems to me, you've got the ideas, surely you've got more in that head of yours than just that. perhaps, plans on how it could be done.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:35:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ARLady: why don't [i]you[/i] write up that article about the discreet carry case. seems to me, you've got the ideas, surely you've got more in that head of yours than just that. perhaps, plans on how it could be done.
View Quote
I would do that, but the problem is that I don't have an ar-15 yet, so I wouldnt' be able to test or confirm any of the ideas. I also think it would be better for the person who's original idea it was to write it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:37:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MattC:
Originally Posted By ARLady: why don't [i]you[/i] write up that article about the discreet carry case. seems to me, you've got the ideas, surely you've got more in that head of yours than just that. perhaps, plans on how it could be done.
View Quote
I would do that, but the problem is that I don't have an ar-15 yet, so I wouldnt' be able to test or confirm any of the ideas. I also think it would be better for the person who's original idea it was to write it.
View Quote
seems to me you're the first one who brought it up. i guess around here that would make it your original idea. [:D] what dimensions do ya need? i'll give 'em to you for colt, bushy, or cav arms.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:39:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MattC: One example would be for somebody to make an article showing how somebody might create a discreet carry case for an ar-15 by using a toolbox.
View Quote
Done: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=73851[/url] Anything else?
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:44:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:
Originally Posted By MattC: One example would be for somebody to make an article showing how somebody might create a discreet carry case for an ar-15 by using a toolbox.
View Quote
View Quote
Yes, could you bring me a beer?[:D]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:57:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:
View Quote
View Quote
Sorry about the confusion. What I was hoping, was that somebody could transfer the contents of that thread into an article, with complete step-by-step instructions and pictures of each step... Placement of it among the articles would also allow people to easily find it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 1:50:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aggie1: Yes, could you bring me a beer?[:D]
View Quote
Do you want a Shiner Bock or Shiner Blonde? [beer]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 1:51:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MattC: Sorry about the confusion. What I was hoping, was that somebody could transfer the contents of that thread into an article, with complete step-by-step instructions and pictures of each step... Placement of it among the articles would also allow people to easily find it.
View Quote
Sorry pardner, this is a not-for-profit site. Our membership dues don't afford Goaty the luxury of 12 internet slaves to keep everything up front and indexed ten ways to Sunday. You've only been registered here a few days. The longer you're here, the more user-friendly the site gets. Unless you're an HTML God, and you'd like to offer your services.......?
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:06:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:10:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:13:18 PM EDT
Hmmm. While we're on the topic of suggestions... why don't we have a WHOLE FORUM dedicated to site suggestions. Oh wait... nevermind. [;)] [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=2[/url] Smartass comments aside, I appreciate MattC bringing that whole toolbox thread to my attention. Looks like a fun, practical project. Good eye, and welcome to the jungle. [50] Viper Out
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:20:19 PM EDT
It will be hardbound and mailed by monday thanks for the input. We are here for you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:06:23 PM EDT
There's good stuff here about AR15: [url]www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/[/url] Would be nice if it were accessible as articles on AR15.com, but point taken about limited staff.
Top Top