Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2009 7:47:41 AM EDT
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24076557#24076911
I think that this video is a good example of the attitude of people in the USA.
You have Rev. Deforest Soaries and Kevin Powell making good points.
Then You have prof. Carr who gets offended, When he is speaking he's not making a whole lot of sense.
And Prof. Carr gets the most applause from the crowd.
Does this seem familiar ?
Please, don't shit in my thread With racist remarks!

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
You can't have an intellegent conversation in this country about race.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Alright I wasted between 5-10 mins watching that
I have no phuckin idea what Prof.Carr was talking about

It's similar to what Sharpton and Obama do, talking in circles
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, they usually turn to shit pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Nascar?

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is true. I liked what the REV. was saying, Taking responsibility, not having it as bad as 100 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nascar?

INDY 500 FTW!

HH
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a shame really. I grew up in the south when rascism was the norm. I really thought we would be over it by now. I am.

I've got good friends of every color, and there's people of every color that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a shame really. I grew up in the south when rascism was the norm. I really thought we would be over it by now. I am.

I've got good friends of every color, and there's people of every color that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
+1

It really piss me off when people are more concerned with race, than the fact that they are Americans

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I made the mistake of listening to a few minutes more

Man that Police Chief was friggin' stupid    " They just need a level playing field "
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Then You have prof. Carr who gets offended, When he is speaking he's not making a whole lot of sense.

I avoid these conversations at all cost. There is no need for it with people who agree with my views on the subject and no persuading of the people who don't. Therefore I find it easier to just keep my mouth shut. Hell I actually earned a banhammer here for posting a pic that I thought was funny and never even considered racial. I learned my lesson and won't get into this trap again!
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#12]
IN

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Whenever you hear "Conversation about race," its' basically the Leftist angle being talked to you, instead of an actual conversation.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I avoid these conversations at all cost. There is no need for it with people who agree with my views on the subject and no persuading of the people who don't. Therefore I find it easier to just keep my mouth shut. Hell I actually earned a banhammer here for posting a pic that I thought was funny and never even considered racial. I learned my lesson and won't get into this trap again!

Well,I see your point. I posted this to make a point about how people who make sense when they speak are the one who are not heard, IE REV. Soaries and some of what Kevin Powell said. Not so much about race. Although not talking about race is hard in this instances
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Whenever you hear "Conversation about race," its' basically the Leftist angle being talked to you, instead of an actual conversation.

Good point.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well,I see your point. I posted this to make a point about how people who make sense when they speak are the one who are not heard, IE REV. Soaries and some of what Kevin Powell said. Not so much about race. Although not talking about race is hard in this instances

I totally agree with you. To me it just seems that a lot of people want to turn any racial discussion into a beatdown.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Man that Police Chief was friggin' stupid    " They just need a level playing field "

Highest office in the land is held by a blackman, sorry that doesn't work anymore.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I totally agree with you. To me it just seems that a lot of people want to turn any racial discussion into a beatdown.
To many feelings involved, not enough logic

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highest office in the land is held by a blackman, sorry that doesn't work anymore.

I will say this every chance I get.  You are in for a rude suprise. I predict that the race antagonists (you know the ones) will re-double their efforts. I am truley concerned that race relations in this country are about to take a bad turn.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.

So true.

I want that 13 minutes of my life back.   That dude talked alot of nonsense and jibba jabba about not conforming to western civilization.

Fuck him and FUCK OBAMA

That preacher on the other thread was worth watching however.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will say this every chance I get.  You are in for a rude suprise. I predict that the race antagonists (you know the ones) will re-double their efforts. I am truley concerned that race relations in this country are about to take a bad turn.

I told some of my friends that when Obama got the nomination.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I think MLK Jr. had it right. parapharsing..... "a person should be judged by the content of his character, not the color of his skin".

Act like a decent human being, I'll treat you as such. Act like an idiot, I'll treat you as such.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think You are right. All it will take is the right group of people to do something stupid.and SHTF
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Racism is growing rapidly in this country. At a pace much faster than you can imagine.
From grade school to the average work place.
And it seems no matter what color a person's skin is, they are becoming more race oriented than ever before.
Thank you, Mr. Obama.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't know if it's growing. It's just come to the surface because of Obama

Quoted:

Racism is growing rapidly in this country. At a pace much faster than you can imagine.

And it seems no matter what color a person's skin is, they are becoming more race oriented than ever before.

Thank you, Mr. Obama.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No racism can grow like a virus. Nonchalant individuals can become rampant racists when confronted with racists of another color.
Obama is promoting that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nascar?

INDY Daytona 500 FTW!

HH

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No racism can grow like a virus. Nonchalant individuals can become rampant racists when confronted with racists of another color.
Obama is promoting that.

It's really funny that a black man gets elected which should show racism really should not be that much of a problem in this country. Until you talk to those who ardently supported Obama because of his race and not his agenda or platform.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obama is promoting that.

You're right I didn't look at it that way. You are wise and all knowing sir!

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I think I'm dumber after listening to Dr. Carrs little speach......ug.......
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#32]
All I know is that since last year, since this dude named Obama stepped into the political spotlight, race seems to have become an important factor.  I'm sure many people voted for him because they think he's 'black'.  

I, and many other people (not just white people) have been accused of being racist by Obama's followers.  None of the accusers talked about political views, or his character... they just automatically reacted 'racist' when someone doesn't support their messiah.

Maybe in their feeble minds, they think that would be the only reason to oppose him?

I bet MLK is rolling in his grave.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obama is promoting that.

It's really funny that a black man gets elected which should show racism really should not be that much of a problem in this country. Until you talk to those who ardently supported Obama because of his race and not his agenda or platform.

That was the point I was getting at earlier. His agenda and platform does not make sense, Yet he had the loudest voice.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thank you, Mr. Obama.

White guilt fertilizes the seeds of racism. As we all know, liberals are THE most racist people on earth.
Most black folks aren't stupid, and know this, and a few or the smart ones take advantage of white guilt and exploit it.
Most white people are just retarded when it comes to race, thinking that somehow they're responsible for ghetto's and gang crime. They might not say it, but secretly they beleive it.
Black and white people are really fucking this country over, I'm gonna go hang with the Asians. Besides, they're women are better cooks and hot.......
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#35]
The one thing I've learned in my 43 years of life is that people are stupid. If the speaker is telling them something they do not want to hear they will not listen.

Thanks for posting because something that guy Carr said made me go to the book shelves and pull off a book I haven't read since 1998.

Carr said something about, "Until we can have a discussion whre it is not infered that the "black" culture (sorry I refuse to use African-American) is inferrior to the white culture the race issue can't be resolved."

I'm sorry, but not all cultures are equal. That's why I'm going to re-read Guns, Germs, and Steel, The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond again. It explains why certain cultures pushed out others, e.g., basically the reason the Europeans wipped out the American Indians was because Europeans had domesticated animals like the pig and the American Indians had no immunity to the diseases Europeans brought with them because of it.

If you look at all the immigrants that came to the U.S. prior to the 1950's, you'll see they assimililated to our culture. Because of the fact black people did not immigrate but were forced here as slaves and even up until the 1960's they were treated as second class citizens there will remain a sense of diffaince against the ruling establishment. It's just like the South after the "War of Northern Agression" (a.k. a. the Civil War).

Personally I think the best conversation to have about race is the one that never happens. Instead there should be a conversation about respect. You respect me and my rights and I'll respect yours.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep! There are people like Al Sharptin and Jesse jackson that make their living preaching victimization and I don't think they're about to let that power to slip away.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I think MLK Jr. had it right. parapharsing..... "a person should be judged by the content of his character, not the color of his skin".

Act like a decent human being, I'll treat you as such. Act like an idiot, I'll treat you as such.

That about summs me up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#38]
In order to have a conversation about race, you have to first realize that it exists––that race is more than just skin color.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. If and when the President screws up royally and turns out to be the unqualified fraud that most of us knew he would be, one culture will refuse to admit that he's a failure. Kinda like the "my baby didn't do nuffin" crap so commonly seen on TV news. On the other hand, those of another culture who fell for his sham and voted for him will turn on him for his Political and policy making shortcomings.

At some point, the "hope, change, and equality"crowd will see who the real racists are.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you, Mr. Obama.

White guilt fertilizes the seeds of racism. As we all know, liberals are THE most racist people on earth.
Most black folks aren't stupid, and know this, and a few or the smart ones take advantage of white guilt and exploit it.
Most white people are just retarded when it comes to race, thinking that somehow they're responsible for ghetto's and gang crime. They might not say it, but secretly they beleive it.
Black and white people are really fucking this country over, I'm gonna go hang with the Asians. Besides, they're women are better cooks and hot.......

My nephew in high school became a hard core racist from what happened to him in junior high and continuing into high school. He was second in the state for his age and weight class in Tae Kwon Do and slated to compete in a national tournament in Denver.
Oriental kids started looking him up in groups and tried to provoke him into fights to show which race was the best in martial arts.
Then the black kids started their bad ass shit on him, continually taunting him and pushing him, ready to jump him with a gang if he reacted in anger.
It finally died down, but he will have nothing to do with Viet Namese or blacks.
White liberal guilt cause cause racism? My ass in a hand basket if it isn't action and not words that cause real racism.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you, Mr. Obama.

Black and white people are really fucking this country over, I'm gonna go hang with the Asians. Besides, they're women are better cooks and hot.......[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/img]

But do not have a good "shelf life".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top