Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2001 6:46:09 AM EDT
Last night I saw something that disgusted me on KCAL 9, a local L.A. TV station. Some dude robbed a hotel at gunpoint with a Tec-9 (one with a 5” barrel, shroud and 32 round magazine); the act was caught on video tape. The Garden Grove police officer that was interviewed for TV said the assailant had “a submachine gun”, probably a “high-powered assault-type rifle”. What the hell??? A Tec-9 is a high-powered assault rifle? I didn't know that.
The Garden Grove detective then topped off his ignorance with, “it was a very sinister-looking weapon.” What an ass! I wonder what he would have called it if it had been a Winchester rifle...
a high-powered repeater...a very ominous weapon!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The SOB is trying to make a hero out of himself, I say he is just trying to further  his career. Wait until he and his low down pinko cop friends get all guns taken away from civillians, including his wife.  Because of her stupid husband, she will get to stay awake each night (Unarmed) worring about being killed by one of her husbands drug crazed cuffs. What a family man!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ah, you forget that most of the weapon's bans don't effect the police ... nor their wives.
View Quote

That's not what I heard, I might be wrong, but I thought the police were not happy about some of the antigun legislation that makes their families vulnerable. What about their close relatives, Mom ,Dad, sister, brother,they won't be leagally able to own a weapon.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#5]
i got one better. on a tlc police show, they went to a G's house anda cop found a piss-worthless M-11 with a 32 rd mag. the head cop is liek "woa, thats a tac 9. thats the worst gun out here. full automatic, its a good thing we got this machine gun off the street" my ass. it wasnt a tac 9. if it was, it would have been more of a peice of shit. i also highly doubt it was FA. what a dick head cop
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
i was watching cops a few years ago, and they showed-up at the scene of some l.a. drive-by at a garage. a witness tells the police that the shooters had ak's or sks's, i don't remember which. the camera shows what are CLEARLY some 7.62x39 cases on the ground, and the cop says "oh yeah, that's a .308! that's consistent with the ak-47. doesn't matter if you hide behind a telephone pole with these. very powerful."

i guess they don't tell l.a.p.d.- if you don't know what you're talking about, keep your mouth shut when there is a camera present. it bugged me.  [puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top