Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/27/2005 2:20:45 PM EDT
In light of Cindy Sheehan's protest, I share this thought with you...

I would not want any of my family members to dishonor my service by protesting against the war. I would not want my name on road-side planted crosses for Liberals (who do not know the meaning of sacrifice) to use it as a tool to help further their political agenda.

I volunteered in the US military on my own.
I volunteered to go Airborne on my own.
I volunteered to join Special Forces on my own.
I volunteered for my second combat tour in Iraq.

No one is forcing me to do anything against my will. President Bush did not force me to do anything. If I die in combat, he is not responsible for my death. The enemy is.

WMD's were found in Iraq & Afghanistan. They are Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Uday Hussein, Qusay Hussein & the rest of the Insurgency. They are the weapons that have destroyed hundreds of thousands of lives.

I once again wait by the eve of another battle with a lot of Anticipation, Excitement, Confidence & a little bit of Fear. Yes, Fear. For those that do not feel fear are not truly brave. I once read that being brave is not about not being fearless, but rather having the intestinal fortitude to move forward & pass those fears to accomplish your mission.

We all will meet the Grim Reaper one day. I would much rather meet him in battle with Honor, fighting not only for this country, but for innocent people around the world who cannot fight for themselves. Those Who Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword. I have chosen the path of the sword & if the sword shall take my life, so be it. I am at peace with that, but the Reaper will have to take me on the battlefield standing with my weapon in my hand, not laying my on back on some deathbed.

For me, it has nothing to do with Presidents or their Politics. It is about the things that my father taught me: Honor, Courage, Integrity & the men around me who share these values. It seems as though these values are foreign to some Liberals as they are more concerned with seeing how far they can exercise their freedoms, just for the sake of having that right to do so. In some ways, I respect my enemy more than those that protest this war. At least they are willing to fight & die for their cause.

What would you fight for? What would you die for?

There is more to being an American than being born in the United States of America. I wasn’t born here, but ever since kindergarten, I have pledged my allegiance to the United States of America, One nation under God. America is where I call my home & where I will defend her until the bitter end. As an American & as a Soldier, I stand behind our President. Regardless of whether or not you believe in him, stand behind him & his actions. He is our Commander in Chief. Show the world & especially show our enemies that we are One Nation, Undivided.

Remember that we did not start this war, they did. Remember our brothers & sisters who fell on September 11th. Do not think that just because you didn’t have family members or friends that died on that day, that they will always be safe. Do not think that just because you haven’t been attacked, doesn’t mean that you won’t be attacked tomorrow. We go in harm’s way to see that you may never have to experience these things. Do not sleep under the Blanket of Security that we have provided & judge us on the method in which we provide it. Though I do not agree with the actions at Abu Ghraib Prison, I can assure you with most certainty that it is a far cry from having your head hacked off with a knife. Don’t take your freedoms for granted. If you do not support the war, you do not support us. That’s the only way we see it.

Nick B. Tran
U.S. Army
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:53:51 PM EDT
Thank you for your service!

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:05:06 PM EDT
I know I appreciate everything YOU and your fellow servicemen and weomen do for us "civillians".

Thank You

Travis
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:34:41 PM EDT
Bravo and thank you sir.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:45:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 6:45:24 PM EDT by CitySlicker]
That was the most insightful piece of literature I have read on this forum.

Thank you for your service. You are nothing short of an American hero.

Take care and may God bless you.

Regards,

Justin
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:49:17 PM EDT
Thank You For Your Service
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:53:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 6:57:21 PM EDT by rep30cal]
Hats off to you, Sir. My family whole heartedly supports You, our Troops, and all
of our Allies, Thank You.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:56:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Einstein:
If I die in combat, he is not responsible for my death. The enemy is.

If Cindy Scumbag (and her ilk) would devote a TENTH of their energy against those who killer her son, this war could be over VERY shortly.

Thanx for your service sir.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:03:31 PM EDT
Nice. I'd have just told them to FOAD.

BTW, we are grateful for your service.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:06:45 PM EDT
God's speed.

Hoooaahh!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:17:16 PM EDT
God bless you, Nick...what an awsome testimonial to the devotion and bravery of our young men and women "over there". It's not the politicians, protestors or preachers that have won our freedom at sometimes terrible costs..it's you guys.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:03:21 AM EDT
Everyone needs to see this.

This needs to be tacked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:50:59 AM EDT
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:48:54 AM EDT
top!

and thanks!

Eric
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:09:41 AM EDT
Bump, everyone needs to read this! Thank you for your service and this insightful piece of writing!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:56:07 PM EDT
You and your services are greatly appreciated. It's a shame that the liberal asshats get all the attention, it's people like you and your fellow servicemen that are a true representation of what an American is. Stay safe, Godspeed, and keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:22:14 PM EDT
Thanks Nick. Be safe.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:25:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:30:12 PM EDT
Trying to make liberals understand warrior culture is like....

Hell, I don't know. They just never will.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:30:57 PM EDT
May God bless you and your brothers and sisters in the armed forces.
Thank you for your service and sacrifice to this great country.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:14:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By oldCop:
God bless you, Nick...what an awsome testimonial to the devotion and bravery of our young men and women "over there". It's not the politicians, protestors or preachers that have won our freedom at sometimes terrible costs..it's you guys.

+1...you said it better than I could have.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:04:13 PM EDT
Amen brother! Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:21:36 AM EDT
God Bless and God Speed to you and all your brothers! My family and I support you every step of the way! Thank-you for all you have done and continue to do!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:42:47 AM EDT
Yes, kudos to the original author.

(Everyone's aware that this is a re-post from the Military.com forums right?)
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:42:50 AM EDT
Thanks for your service.

I really want to hear from the people who say they support the troops, but not the war! They think they can talk out both sides of their mouth. Well you can't.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:31:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Einstein:
Do not sleep under the Blanket of Security that we have provided & judge us on the method in which we provide it.
Nick B. Tran
U.S. Army

Just wondering is this line from, "a few good men"? if not it is close.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:50:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

Are you sure that Einstein is not the author of both posts?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:54:51 AM EDT
Very well stated.

No Expert

USMC 86-90
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:00:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CitySlicker:

Based on his other posts - I'm fairly sure he's not the original author.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:19:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CitySlicker:

Based on his other posts - I'm fairly sure he's not the original author.

Perhaps the author will respond?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:06:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 3:07:46 PM EDT by Einstein]

You are correct that this was also posted here: forums.military.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/409192893/m/6030023710001

My user name over there is Stormtrooper91 (as in Desert Storm in 1991). The picture in the profile is of me in Iraq during the war, cross-training the French on our weapon systems.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/2/DS12.jpg

My user name here is named my boy (dog) Einstein.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:22:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:55:56 PM EDT
Thank you for all of your kind words & support.
Top Top