Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2002 3:26:46 PM EDT
First really warm day of the year, head out to the dropzone to try and start my jumps for a civillian licence, DZ is covered in students, head to the gun store, buy a new holster, ammo and a lazer site for the M4orgery, head to the range, drive in past the clubhouse to the everything but shotgun area(300 yards away from clubhouse) Get out, tear the rifle apart and start to attach the new site.  Truck pulls up,not so much as a hello, just "What are you doing" and then, "the range is closed, we are having a birthday party, and dont want any guns or shooting going on with the kids here."

My questions:

1.  Why not put a sign up before someone drives in telling everyone this.
2.  Why cant you control the kids in the clubhouse?
3.  If you dont want them exposed to shooting and guns, why have the party at a sportsmans club?

Am I crazy, out of line ect?  
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
1.  That would be too easy and not as much fun as giving people shit for trying to shoot.

2.  Theyre idiots

3.  Theyre idiots

No youre not out of line, especially if youre a payin member of the range.  Submit a complaint to the management of the range.  Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.  I hate shit like that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck, if you're the one of the people paying for the privelage to shoot, than you had just as much right to tell them that you were shooting, and didn't want any kids around.

Submit a complaint to the management-perhaps request a partial refund for the unavailability of of the range when you wanted to use it.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
f them, you're a paying member, fire away. if it was not posted as such, you have as much right to use the range as they do, after all, it's a SHOOTING CLUB.
maybe you could even accidentally hit one of those bastard kids running around with hot brass from your ejection port.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
A kids birthday party at the shooting range? Equal rights for all, go to the nearest Ronald McDonald's and fire at the multi-colored playhouse there.

;)
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I belonged to a club like that once.  The drive there was about 45 minutes.  I do not know how many times the ranges were closed because of social function.  The last straw was the pony rides while I had a friend visiting from Ohio who wanted to shoot.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
They shouldn't be having a kid's b-day party at the range in the first place. That's pretty bogus. I agree with the above posts-send a complaint. The least they could of done was put up a sign.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#8]
People have a right to shoot.

People have a right to have little Johnny's or little Susie's B'day party somewhere also.

But, a range that would neglect what should be its primary function just to cater to a social event as trivial and as insignificant [by comparison] as a b'day party is IMO [b][u]not[/b][/u] the type of range I would ever solicit again.

Maybe I see too much here but this just smacks of some anti-gun infiltration/mentality somewhere up the line.[50]

[frag]  [heavy]  [pistol]  [sniper]

[shotgun]  [rail]  [uzi]

Idiot commies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top