Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 6:48:09 AM EDT
Since we're always being accused of conspiracies (eg Clinton impeachment, Florida vote counting, Jeb Bush's police suppression of the minority vote, ENRON ad nauseum), let's actually engage in one.  After all, what is the press going to say about it - "No really folks... this time for real!"

Let's select a state with a low popluation and a favorable climate.  We could then put out the call for free-market capitalists and small government types to relocate to our chosen location.  Following that we could:

A) Elect laissez-faire capitalists to as many state and local offices as possible,

B) Repeal the majority of intrusive laws (firearms legislation, helmet laws etc.),

C) Repeal ALL state taxes (in turn attracting manufacturing and industry),

D) Purchase state media outlets and exercize OUR 1st Amendment rights,

E) Ignore Washington DC's "If you don't do things our way we'll withhold pork funds" laws by simply rejecting ALL pork funding,

F) Modify state welfare by simply offering a one time lump sum payment of a bus ticket to get you to the welfare mecca of your choice, and

G) Simply ignore everything from Washington DC - with the exception of national defense.

So, whose in with me and where are we going?

P.S. If the leftists can accomplish the enactment of their agenda in the Rocky Mountain states and the southwest by simly migrating from Kalifornication, why can't we do something similar?

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Right on!!!!!

Idaho is a good place. Plenty of hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, skiing, etc......

Plus there are not many laws that need to be repealed!

Except the fed ones.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll nominate NJ.  It will need a LOT of work.

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I vote for Texas.

It's centrally located.

Has every physical geographic feature from swamps to deserts to mountains.

It's got pleasant weather.[:D]

And, last, but certainly not least, it's already filled with Texans!

Even our Demos down here are pretty tame!

Eric The(YippeeYiKiYayyy,LittleDoggie!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I vote for Texas.

It's centrally located.

Has every physical geographic feature from swamps to deserts to mountains.

It's got pleasant weather.[:D]

And, last, but certainly not least, it's already filled with Texans!

Even our Demos down here are pretty tame!

Eric The(YippeeYiKiYayyy,LittleDoggie!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

But I've heard the state is infested with Huns ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]Infested?[/b]

[u]Infested[/u] with Huns?

No, not at all, it is, however, [b][u]graced[/u] with all sorts of Huns[/b], of which I am only the most graceful!

Eric The(ItMakesUpForOKBeingGracedWithSooners)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Right on!!!!!

Idaho is a good place. Plenty of hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, skiing, etc......

Plus there are not many laws that need to be repealed!

Except the fed ones.
View Quote

Another vote for Idaho!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good to me!  Montana would be relatively easy as the population is low, but I just recently moved from there, and I'm not missing the snow.  WA is nice, but it would take a bit of work to get rid of enough morons (i.e. liberals)
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, whose in with me and where are we going?
View Quote

MURPHWANDA!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in!  As log as its any place but Florida. I hate this frickin place.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Idaho is the most Republican state in the union.  It would be the best place to start.  Montana and Utah would be close seconds.

I've often thought about what might happen if a state in modern times decided to try this.  Would it lead to succession from the union and/or civil war?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top