Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 9:00:41 PM EDT
I was talking the other day to a gent from Canada , our conversation led to firearms (imagine that ). We discussed the sunset of the AWB and eventually things led to the realm of Standard and High capacity magazines. He mentioned that in Canada rim fire is not covered under their ban., and that 25 Rd mags are common at most hunting stores and at reasonable prices $15-25.00.  

Now here comes my question, Can I go to Canada and buy 5 or 6 mags and bring them back across the boarder? Does bringing a few back for personal use qualify as importation? Hopefully this will be a moot point after September, and along those lines are companies like Ram-line going to start marketing them right away , assuming there still making them at all.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was talking the other day to a gent from Canada , our conversation led to firearms (imagine that ). We discussed the sunset of the AWB and eventually things led to the realm of Standard and High capacity magazines. He mentioned that in Canada rim fire is not covered under their ban., and that 25 Rd mags are common at most hunting stores and at reasonable prices $15-25.00.  

Now here comes my question, Can I go to Canada and buy 5 or 6 mags and bring them back across the boarder? Does bringing a few back for personal use qualify as importation? Hopefully this will be a moot point after September, and along those lines are companies like Ram-line going to start marketing them right away , assuming there still making them at all.

US mags will be available in plenty...

Remember, the mag makers never stopped making mags, they just stopped selling them here to civillians...

Just like they never stopped making pre-ban AR uppers...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
What does this have to do with "International law?"

BTW, "International Law" is a BS concept, there is none, as there is no legitimacy to it.  Who would enforce 'international law:"?  The French?  Lithuanians?  And what the heck do they care if you brought mags from Canada to the US?

This would only concern the US and Canada.

And most countries are more concerned over what comes in than what leaves.

Cool your jets, just a few more days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top