Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:44:05 AM EDT
NIGHTHAWK NH-3WB

Just got mine and im impressed.Extremely bright for a LED, 65 lumens.Extremely tought too.It was shipped coast to coast  ground in a padded envelope.The box was smashed good when i opened it.I was sure something would be broken.But it works fine.THEY retail at 90.00,I got mine on sale from RE WILLIAMS for 39.00 plus shipping.Going  to order another one while they are still cheap.

www.rewci.com/ni3waledcoul.html

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Just took this light outside in total darkness...good tight beam out to about 30 yds.This is the brightest LED ive ever seen. SIX hours of runtime too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm calling BS here.

No way you can get 65 lumens for 6 hours out of two CR123 batteries.

I suspect that if the light glows at all then they consider it to be "On"

Assuming that it was only 2-3 hours however which is more realistic, it still looks like a good deal. I just hate it when companies fudge specs.

Ed
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm calling BS here.

Assuming that it was only 2-3 hours however which is more realistic, it still looks like a good deal. I just hate it when companies fudge specs.

Ed

... read again, .6
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
The flashlight mecca: www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/

Do you know what bin the Luxeon star is?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]
where is it made in?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm calling BS here.

Ed

... read again, .6

Either you have a spec on your screen or my eyes are worse than I thought.

I see "6 hours"
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm calling BS here.

Ed

... read again, .6

No - look at the webpage -- 65 lumens.  
Its poor typing that makes it look like .65 ... Zander has a habit of not leaving a space after his periods (or commas for that matter....)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:48:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Theres nothing on the box or their website that says where its made.

I fixed the mistake in the original post . It is 65 lumens.

Later this week when I get time Im going to test the 6 hours of run time to see how true it is.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:52:57 AM EDT
[#11]
aren't most of these voltage sensing so if it hit's a certain voltage it get's dim automatically.
Bright at first but getting dimmer over a 6 hour period.
At least that's what my Pila does
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just took this light outside in total darkness...good tight beam out to about 30 yds.This is the brightest LED ive ever seen.6 hours of runtime too.

... please clarify this odd sentence structure for us
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:38:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
aren't most of these voltage sensing so if it hit's a certain voltage it get's dim automatically.
Bright at first but getting dimmer over a 6 hour period.
At least that's what my Pila does

My Surefire L4 is the same way, bright for about 4 hours, then drop to dim, but still on light.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Theres nothing on the box or their website that says where its made.

I would highly suspect these are PRC made. Conisdering the actual selling price versus that of the USA made Streamlights and Surefires it would make sense.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Did a runtime test tonight. After 30 min it was too hot to touch. So i turned it off for about 15 min and then on for another 30 min. Extremely hot again. But after an hour of runtime its still as bright as it was in the beginning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top