Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 6:18:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Do the same before hitting that Tn. line also.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Somebody ought to do a study on how many of those public assistance recipients remain in their new home. Are the benefits the same in both states? I'd bet the bennies in Texas were more generous based on what I've read about NO.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm guessing that you Texans having just increased your indigent population.....permanently.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
A large number have said they are staying wherever they have been sent. One the checks start to their new addresses, they will not leave. These cities and states might as well start building new public housing. Big break for La.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
....evacuating to Texas and elsewhere.

Leave you shiitehook 'Ninth Ward' attitiudes and 'Ninth Ward' politics at the Superdome on Poydras Street, before you board the buses.

That is all.

Thank you.

Eric The(KeepingOur'Red'State,'Red')Hun

No wonder you've been such a staunch advocate of the rapid rebuilding of NO.  I see now you have ulterior motives.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
It'll be interesting to see the interaction between the local welfare population and the New Orleans imports.  I suspect that the relationship won't be entirely "coordial."
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave you shiitehook 'Ninth Ward' attitiudes and 'Ninth Ward' politics at the Superdome on Poydras Street, before you board the buses.

That is all.

Thank you.

No wonder you've been such a staunch advocate of the rapid rebuilding of NO.  I see now you have ulterior motives.

Actually, I want New Orleans rebuilt as a 'gentrified' city...without all the public housing.

In 1860, half of all the millionaires in the United States lived in Louisiana...principally, in New Orleans.

I wish to return to those days.

Only an extraordinary number of millionaires living in that City in the future will safeguard that City's safety and preservation.

Eric The(Classless)Hun

No problem.  Just have the Feds give each refugee/evacuee/bus-ee  get one million in cash from the Feds on the condition that they move back to NO.  

So there.  Problem solved.  City of NO, the city of millionaires.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That is all.

Thank you.

yeah, well, dey be fittin' in jus' fine wif da bruthas in da eighth dis'ric up in washington dc, yo! word!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#11]
In Michigan, they want to take in 10,000.  Most of them at Fort Custer near Ohio.  I'm hoping most of them wonder South out of Michigan.  Sorry about that Ohio.   P.S.  They could become Ohio state fans.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

Thank you.

Actually, I want New Orleans rebuilt as a 'gentrified' city...without all the public housing.

In 1860, half of all the millionaires in the United States lived in Louisiana...principally, in New Orleans.

Only an extraordinary number of millionaires living in that City in the future will safeguard that City's safety and preservation.

Eric The(Classless)Hun

No problem.  Just have the Feds give each refugee/evacuee/bus-ee  get one million in cash from the Feds on the condition that they move back to NO.  

I have the feeling that before this is over the million each will be a cheap buyout for us... fullclip
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Cause they ain't going back.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
In Michigan, they want to take in 10,000.  Most of them at Fort Custer near Ohio.  I'm hoping most of them wonder South out of Michigan.  Sorry about that Ohio.   P.S.  They could become Ohio state fans.

Thanks, you just made my day
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought there was some acreage available near a river in North Texas that could be used as a sort of kibbutz for these displaced folks.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I thought there was some acreage available near a river in North Texas that could be used as a sort of kibbutz for these displaced folks.

and where is that?

falls creek area here is taking about 6000 of them here in southern oklahoma
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Starting to remind me of the Mariel Boat Lift out of Cuba when Fidel emptied all his jails.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If they are so "poor", why are many of them so obese that they qualify for disability???

Calories are cheap in America, especially carbohydrate calories.  How many twinkies can you buy for $10.  How many potato chips?  How many boxes of instant mashed potatoes and hot dogs.

High end, low-fat cuts of meat and produce is expensive.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That is all.

Thank you.

Ya'll will fit right in if you end up in Detroit. Mayor Kwame will put out the welcome mat. The whole snow and ice thing will take some getting used to, but the corruption and incompetence is the same. We are already a blue state so one million more democrats won't hurt.

Wep( don't mess with Texas)tek911

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#24]
boys, they ain't on the net.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:36:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't think they'll stay in Arizona long.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:37:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If they are so "poor", why are many of them so obese that they qualify for disability???

That is an interesting question.  Yesterday some reporter called the storm victims, "Some of the poorest people in the world."  My face immedialtely went from its usual:       to this:  

That idiot had obviously never been anywhere near REAL poor people in a REAL 3rd world country.  The lardassed leviathans he was referring to have never been hungry a day in their lives and have obviously never had to burn a calorie in physical exertion.  Indeed hunger is the last thing on earth they've ever had to worry about.

These so-called "poor" people would be called "rich" by the destitute in some other countries.  

I guess I'm just being cruel, though.  After all  many of them are, in the words of CNN Chief of Urban Psychoanthropology Dr. Wolf Blitzer, Phd, "Sooooooooooo poor, and soooooooooooo black."

I suppose I really should stop being surprised by the ignorance of t.v. reporters.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:41:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm guessing that you Texans having just increased your indigent population.....permanently.

+1 on that thought.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:35:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

Thank you.

Eric The(Classless)Hun

Before 19th Century public housing, the slaves lived out back of the master's place.

This is the first ETH post I can remember that makes no sense, or at best raises a big WTF?

New Orleans is what it's always been - a shithole full of the dregs of society - whores, queers, pirates, and just general sorry ne'er do wells.  Rebuild the French Quarter to celebrate Good Times, and doze the rest.

When the taxpayers are footing the bills, they get a say in the use, even in our Republic.  If New Orleans is worth rebuilding, the free market will handle it just fine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

Thank you.

Eric The(Classless)Hun

Before 19th Century public housing, the slaves lived out back of the master's place.

This is the first ETH post I can remember that makes no sense, or at best raises a big WTF?

New Orleans is what it's always been - a shithole full of the dregs of society - whores, queers, pirates, and just general sorry ne'er do wells.  Rebuild the French Quarter to celebrate Good Times, and doze the rest.

When the taxpayers are footing the bills, they get a say in the use, even in our Republic.  If New Orleans is worth rebuilding, the free market will handle it just fine.

An extraordinary number of millionaires aren't going to build houses in a town they can't get flood insurance in.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:00:41 AM EDT
[#32]
What's the 9th ward?

I figured it refers to gubmint teatsuckers and public housing types.  Does it mean something particular?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
What's the 9th ward?

I figured it refers to gubmint teatsuckers and public housing types.  Does it mean something particular?

Try this... www.gnocdc.org/orleans/8/   fullclip
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you go back?

I wouldn't, if I lived in the Ninth Ward.

With Section 8 housing available all over North Texas....why go back to....pitiful squalor?

Eric The(HonestToGoodness)Hun

What was that "pitful squalor" was section 8 housing. Goes to show you what will happen to TX section 8 neighborhoods.

For those who are homeless and have only a desire to live off welfare, please don't come to CA as I've overtaxed and overburden on such people already. Sorry, I'm not just fresh out of sympathy for those that avoid work and have little respect for their neighborhoods. I was out some time ago as I've gave untold hundreds of thousands of dollars starting with the University seat I lost to an affirmative action candidate, the promotions and untold "time value of money" from lost salary increases that would have been, the denied transfers to better paying jobs to make that AA candidate look good, the lost jobs to AA candidates where it was obvious of the application process being a waste of time, the lost opportunitiy for early retirement instead of layoffs giving to AA candidates my age but not to me. The continuation of the heavy tax burden I pay for those welfare programs buried into all those government agencies at all levels of government right down to my city. Having no hope of gaining government loans for starting my own business unlike the AA candidates.

Sorry, I'm defeated by design because some government wisdom of that I should be paying you all my working life. I have so please don't take your privileged class arse over here because you are too dumb to see that you have been the privileged class for at least three decades now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I smiled at your little joke, but it then made me think.

Do you realize that if the government did indeed give these people a million dollars each, in a few years, they would all be broke and on welfare again.

You can't pump enough money into these people's lives to save them.

The problem isn't money.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the 9th ward?

Try this... www.gnocdc.org/orleans/8/   fullclip

Gotcha.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I smiled at your little joke, but it then made me think.

Do you realize that if the government did indeed give these people a million dollars each, in a few years, they would all be broke and on welfare again.

You can't pump enough money into these people's lives to save them.

The problem isn't money.

And that is absolutely the truth O_P

GM
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:57:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the 9th ward?

It does in New Orleans.

Look it up.

It's the poorest part of the City....I think you can well imagine.

Eric The(Instructive)Hun

What is section 8 housing?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#42]
ETH
Hit a nerve? Of course I know New Orleans isn't solely populated by society's dregs, but the concentration is too high for my tastes, and you're sufficiently smart to know the comment isn't directed at you.  New Orleans thrives on celebration of the worst society has to offer; if the truth is otherwise, their politicians, Chamber of Commerce, tourism boards, and so on aren't doing a very good job portraying the city's other attractions.

So which is it, from New Orleans or from Germany?  You claim both in that post.

New Orleans is no different than any other US city that saw it's glory in the 18th Century, and perhaps intp the early 1900's - many fine homes, world class architecture, music, art and so on.  They also contained slums.

I don't think I've seen a single post that disrespects your opinion about New Orleans, but you surely have taken the offensive against the opinions of others.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and where is that?

falls creek area here is taking about 6000 of them here in southern oklahoma

Why... the Hun Farm... where else?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top