Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/7/2006 3:28:47 PM EDT
I know alot of us manlymen and some hot gun babes drive trucks n jeeps. I did a spring "tune-up" to the truck by using a *good fuel injector cleaner and NEW TIRES(LTXnon-aggressive tread) After 2 tanks of gas my mileage is up between 10-15%. Plus I feel the truck no longer drives like a truck, its more roadhugging like a car in a manor of speaking. The OEM truck tires seemed to hold back its roll on pavement kinda.[shrug] I do a extra 300mi/wk in the summer. Just a tip for the upcoming 3.99 a gallon I'm predicting this summer.Cya.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:55:42 PM EDT
Tag for later cuz I just checked my very first tankful in the brand new Rubicon ... 11.98 mpg for mostly stop & go. That mileage sucks, but man is it fun to drive. :) Stay safe
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:09:05 PM EDT
a couple sure ways to improve MPG with diesels... chop off the muffler and put in a power tuner / chip....

my muffler will be out soon and a straight pipe welded in.... 40-60 horsepower chip this summer. 2006 F350 Crew Cab 6.0 turbo diesel, then before fall ill have 33" tires pinched on there. cant wait.

its a shame that car manufactures are trying sooo hard to comply with emissions standards that the vehicles are getting LESS power and LESS MPG

just my opinion by the way... so that someone with nothing better to do doesnt need to go out of their way to prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:18:28 PM EDT
What brand fuel injector cleaner did you use?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:19:56 PM EDT
Keep your tailgate up.

Check your tire pressure.

Don't put a lead weight on your right foot.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:25:29 PM EDT
Drive the company rig as much as possible.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:37:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By brentwal:
Drive the company rig as much as possible.

Yea What till Oct when Diesel has to convert to Ultra Low Sulfer.The company will prolly make us accout for every tenth of a mile.Fuel mileage and high prices are gonna suck
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:51:14 PM EDT
BG-44K is the best in-the-tank fuel system cleaner I've found. It's a little hard to find (mostly sold at car repair shops, dealer parts departments and online/ebay) but definitely worth looking for.

Your lower tire rolling resistance could be simply due to the fact that the new tires were installed with more air pressure. On my pickup, I can notice a very definite difference in rolling resistance after inflating them to the upper range of the recommended pressure.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:55:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zeekh:
What brand fuel injector cleaner did you use?

sorry I do not recall the brand. I know it was a concentrate though, A pal had given me the brand name on a piece of paper week's ago , I simply bought it and forget. There were low-end brands and hi-end. This one was hi-end, about 15bux. I think the empty is still in the truck, I'll look goodpoints about the tire pressure. I know from experiance the tire pressure changes some how going from -10* to 90*.Why I do not know.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:14:16 PM EDT
I have hear the Techtron or a name similar to that is pretty good
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:24:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:33:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
wanna clean fuel system? SEAFOAM is the SHIT!!

+1 best cleaner on the market. Dump it in the fuel tank, into the crankcase, and into the PCV vaccum line. It cleans everything.
Top Top