Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 4:15:49 PM EDT
for those that werent around in the late 80's/90's:
1989-- Patrick Purdy shoots up a school yard with a Norinco AK-47.  6 kids killed; 29 kids + 1 teacher wounded

1989-- In response to the shooting, George Bush Sr bans the import of foreign military style rifles and shotguns that arent deemed to have a 'sporting purpose'.  He does this solely through regulation without going through Congress

1994-- Congress passes and Clinton signs the Federal AWB.  It prohibits the retail sale of foreign and domestic semi-auto rifles with a detachable magazine that have 2 or more 'non-sporting features' and prohibits new magazines of more than 10 rounds.

1998-- Clinton issues Executive Order banning importation of rifles that has been modified to comply with the Bush Sr ban.  This was the end of the HK-9x series of rifles in the US

1998-- Clinton issues Executive Order banning importation of 'assault handguns' that had previously been approved by the ATF for importation.  This included the UZI and HK SP-89

2004-- Fed AWB sunsets
The most restrictive of those actions was the '89 import ban by Bush Sr.  It covered the most rifles and is still the reason why 'non-sporting' firearms cannot be imported in the US.  Clinton just piggy-backed onto what Bush has already started

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
"New world order"
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you kidding? I've always known moderate weasels were our enemy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
RKBA foes come in all stripes.

Nothing new there.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
FUCK ALL THE TRAITORS!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
it seems to me that the antis saw that bans could happen after a shooting where young kids were the victims ('but...its for the childrenz!).  as soon as Newtown happened, they jumped started frothing at the mouth...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Before the last ban the press and media in general had been playing on the gang violence phenomenon. It seems they have abandoned that tactic and have decided to completely ignore that entire issue this go round.

Dead slags and hood rats dont bother the average voter as much as young dead school kids .

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

<>
The most restrictive of those actions was the '89 import ban by Bush Sr.<>

Bush Sr. also used a press conference to publicly renounce his NRA membership at that time.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck GHWB ?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm conservative and don't like either Bush and never have. Fuck your new world order and patriot act.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, Bush fucked up, but his son let the AW expire and the fact is that Republicans are a million times more friendly and supportive of the second amendment. Just about every dem wants to ban guns.

Beware of divide and conquer guys.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#14]

how many republicans will side with us this time?
i have a bad feeling the ball is rolling down the hill gathering steam..
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Many people on Arfcom think that the 2nd Amendment can be dictated by the 5th Amendment.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm betting all but the usual suspects as usual. All of the dems will go for it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
<>

Bush Sr. also used a press conference to publicly renounce his NRA membership at that time.

Over comments made regarding the dead USMS officers at Ruby Ridge.

I'm surprised that everybody (on this Site, at least) wasn't already fully aware that Bush 41 was the main instigator of bans on media-labeled "assault weapons."
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Because of GHWB's executive order banning guns I refused to vote for him, and Klinton was elected.

Good bad or indifferent the lesser of two evils is still evil.

So this year not wanting fuckstain re-elected I broke down and voted for the lesser of two evils and did a straight R ticket county to POTUS. Well my POTUS vote was wasted and fuckstain was re-elected

If the R's put up weak kneed RINO's they will go the way of the DoDo bird

Can we have a new speaker of the House please?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah, Bush fucked up, but his son let the AW expire and the fact is that Republicans are a million times more friendly and supportive of the second amendment. Just about every dem wants to ban guns.

I would like to see a republican grow some balls and actually repeal a law for once.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"New world order"

YUUUP!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
for those that werent around in the late 80's/90's:

1989-- Patrick Purdy shoots up a school yard with a Norinco AK-47.  6 kids killed; 29 kids + 1 teacher wounded

1989-- In response to the shooting, George Bush Sr bans the import of foreign military style rifles and shotguns that arent deemed to have a 'sporting purpose'.  He does this solely through regulation without going through Congress

1994-- Congress passes and Clinton signs the Federal AWB.  It prohibits the retail sale of foreign and domestic semi-auto rifles with a detachable magazine that have 2 or more 'non-sporting features' and prohibits new magazines of more than 10 rounds.

1998-- Clinton issues Executive Order banning importation of rifles that has been modified to comply with the Bush Sr ban.  This was the end of the HK-9x series of rifles in the US

1998-- Clinton issues Executive Order banning importation of 'assault handguns' that had previously been approved by the ATF for importation.  This included the UZI and HK SP-89

2004-- Fed AWB sunsets

The most restrictive of those actions was the '89 import ban by Bush Sr.  It covered the most rifles and is still the reason why 'non-sporting' firearms cannot be imported in the US.  Clinton just piggy-backed onto what Bush has already started

Progressives do what Progressives do.  When given the choice of shit sandwiches though, you gonna take the full bite, or just a little nibble?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy shit it really was Bush's fault.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#23]
He's on his death bed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
FUCK ALL THE TRAITORS!!

Traitors to the Constitution. All of them.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Bush Sr. has a long history of support for gun control

George Bush’s first major political encounter with the gun issue came when Congress was enacting the Gun Control Act of 1968. Representative Bush was the only Texas Congressperson to vote for the Act, and when doing so, he said that much more needed to be done.

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Mags/George-Bush-and-the-NRA.htm

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
<>

Over comments made regarding the dead USMS officers at Ruby Ridge.

I'm surprised that everybody (on this Site, at least) wasn't already fully aware that Bush 41 was the main instigator of bans on media-labeled "assault weapons."

Yeah, the NRA overplayed their hand on this one, calling them (rightfully so, but...) Jack Booted Thugs on colorful inserts in every American Rifleman for a while.  To Bush, these guys in the Secret Service and like agencies were probably his most trusted associates for a decade or two.

[other thread comments on the NRA rolling over throwing black rifles under the bus in 1994]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
RKBA foes come in all stripes.

Nothing new there.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He's on his death bed.

So are our rights...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

This is truth.

Republicans may suck sometimes, but democrats are our absolute enemies.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This is the real thing. The constitution and the bill of rights are not a "partisan" repub/dem issue. Who is with us and who is against us is revealed only by their actions, not affiliations. The black panther party is with us. The NRA is with us. The vast majority of the media is against us. Many of our elected officials are against us. Pay close attention to peoples actions on this issue.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I was 18 in 1988 and was very proud that I got to vote for Bush Sr.  Then he did the import ban and I felt he completely betrayed the Constitution and the people who supported him.  From then on I realized that voting Republican is just voting for the lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He didn't "allow" it to expire. It was going to expire on its own, but he said he'd sign it if it got to his desk.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He didn't "allow" it to expire. It was going to expire on its own, but he said he'd sign it if it got to his desk.

youre right.  i had forgotten about that

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top