9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/6/2005 5:00:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2005 5:00:44 AM EDT by WHITE_WOLFE]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:00:40 AM EDT
Sounds like a good trade.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:05:32 AM EDT
IBTT (in before the tack)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:14:23 AM EDT
It would be nice if it were to at least get a temp tack.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:15:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2005 5:19:41 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:25:44 AM EDT
From the prices in the catalog.....if you donate, lets say 25 bucks, that purchases a knife for $25 bucks. Now the same knife if you and I want to order is will cost us $43 bucks. You get the idea.

I do know about the "need", but nothing wrong with covering every angle.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:51:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Does SmokyMountainKnifeWorks sell/donate these at retail or wholesale cost? IE if you give $ 35 does the soldier get a knife that would cost $ 35 retail from SMKW, or a knife that COST SMKW $ 35? If SMKW is getting full retail price on all these knives are they doing anything but increasing their profits?

Question 2: Is there really a strong need for additional knives for soldiers and Marines? edit-most guys in the military I know seem to have more knives than a ginsu chef..

I'm just wondering if the money going to this is going to a legitimate need in a way that best helps out people in the military.

I was wondering the same thing when I was reading the SMKW pages. Most of the knives that SMNW sells for under $60.00 are imported from China (Frost Cutlery) and they are cheap. I wouldn't send one to a soldier.

Someone somewhere is making some profit. IMHO
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:06:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By xanadu:

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Does SmokyMountainKnifeWorks sell/donate these at retail or wholesale cost? IE if you give $ 35 does the soldier get a knife that would cost $ 35 retail from SMKW, or a knife that COST SMKW $ 35? If SMKW is getting full retail price on all these knives are they doing anything but increasing their profits?

Question 2: Is there really a strong need for additional knives for soldiers and Marines? edit-most guys in the military I know seem to have more knives than a ginsu chef..

I'm just wondering if the money going to this is going to a legitimate need in a way that best helps out people in the military.

I was wondering the same thing when I was reading the SMKW pages. Most of the knives that SMNW sells for under $60.00 are imported from China (Frost Cutlery) and they are cheap. I wouldn't send one to a soldier.

Someone somewhere is making some profit. IMHO

+1

They do have some nice items at their store but most are cheap, junk. I'm sure they're not loosing money.

Top Top