Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2001 10:07:34 AM EDT
Well. last night the chains were cut off and the gates were wide opened so I went to the movies. I went to A.I.

Well...I want my $7.00 back ...they can keep the rest of $.50. For that money I could have bought a box of ammo and have more fun.

I used to like Spilberg's work but latelly his mind is farting really toxic.

Anybody liked it ?.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What a crapfest! I walked out half way through the movie, I did get my money back though.[puke]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen a movie in ages.  I usually wait till they are on Cable/Satellite or just suck it off the net.  

Friend is getting JP3 right now.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah really 7 i hear ya .
man most of the newer movies are crap anyway.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Was one of the best movies ever seen.

Beautiful.

If Kubrick had more input, would've been slower, darker, and meaner.

Agree with People Magazine calling it, "Spielberg's most deeply felt movie."

::putting on movie reviewer shoes::

* Life is precious and so short.
* Humans and civilization are ugly, and deserve to end.
* All thoughts and actions are recorded by the cosmos.

If you have a soul and/or heart, see this with a loved one or family.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know.  My brother-in-law is a filmmaker and media guy.  His opinion was "pathetic" and "Spielberg always goes back to sentimental Hollywood shit. He can't help it", etc.  I thought it was weirdly beautiful, and some moments were Kubrick-y, but overall it's a big disappointment.  And not entertaining at all. A very strange movie, one that'd never be made if it wasn't for Spielberg's clout and control of his own studio.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
hi raven,

As for, "Spielberg always goes back to sentimental Hollywood shit," newbie buddhists told me about Spielberg and Lucas, studying Dalai Lama stuff together, in a class in the 70's. "Be kind and generous. Care about people. Make the world a better place. . ."

Looking at their movies, Lucas' "use the force," and struggle between good and evil. Spielberg's ET, and Schindler's List. They seem to really believe this, and might be their efforts to help mankind. We need it.

Anyone else hear that Spielberg has one of the finest gun collections in the country?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Two years ago a shotgun of his engraved with dinosaurs and Jurassic Park logo was on the cover of Shotgun magazine (not SGN).  I think it was a Beretta over/under.

Speaking of "sentimental Hollywood shit", he certainly spread it on thick in "Saving Private Ryan".
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Liberty Stick:
hi raven,

As for, "Spielberg always goes back to sentimental Hollywood shit," newbie buddhists told me about Spielberg and Lucas, studying Dalai Lama stuff together, in a class in the 70's. "Be kind and generous. Care about people. Make the world a better place. . ."

Looking at their movies, Lucas' "use the force," and struggle between good and evil. Spielberg's ET, and Schindler's List. They seem to really believe this, and might be their efforts to help mankind. We need it.
View Quote

That's all very special.  But he was trying to re-create Kubrick's vision which is really cold, detached, and dehumanizing.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#10]
The movie left me feeling very sad.  Just like that movie with Robin Williams "centenial man"  It is very sad.  I go to movies to feel good.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#11]
". . .which is really cold, detached, and dehumanizing."

Humans can be good, but felt the movie's portrayal of us, was of us not at our best. Think it was a home run for Spielberg, for what you said. Kubrick's would be even more so.

Not to give away the movie, but the special day, compared to the ugliness of man before that scene - WOW!  Have you no soul?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#12]
The movie sucked monkey balls.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard it being described as a very crappy "Schindler's Kid".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top