Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 12:06:42 PM EDT
Just started reading it a couple days ago.  Really enjoying it.  Anyone else get into this series?

NO SPOILERS PLEASE
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that the Ringo book?

There was jsut a thread about his book s the other day.

ETA: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=446112 - but that thread may contain spoilers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is that the Ringo book?

Yeah it's Ringo... I thought the thread was about the "Ghost" series.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of aliens get killed...

Oops, I forgot you didn't want any spoilers.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Lots of aliens get killed...

Oops, I forgot you didn't want any spoilers.  

Dammit!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Great series!!! Loved it. I'm not too fond of the collaberation books with other authors that take place after the main books. But the Ringo only books ROCK!

I'm also reading his "dragons" series which are good too[
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that the Ringo book?

Yeah, but it quickly included the Posleen series as well, and even got off on a slight David Gerrold tangent.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm also reading his "dragons" series which are good too[

I think those are next... after I finish this series.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that the Ringo book?

Yeah, but it quickly included the Posleen series as well, and even got off on a slight David Gerrold tangent.

Oh... I didn't read much of the thread.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Legacy of the Alendata (the series started with Hymn) I found very enjoyable.  I have only read the books in the series written by Ringo so I have no idea if the followup books (Hero, Cally's War) are any good.

I could see were you're normal sci-fi reader that didn't have an intrest in the military would find these books a bit heavy though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Legacy of the Alendata (the series started with Hymn) I found very enjoyable.  I have only read the books in the series written by Ringo so I have no idea if the followup books (Hero, Cally's War) are any good.

They are....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are....

Maybe I'll give them a shot then, Bun Bun.  All I'm doing right now is rereading A Song of Ice and Fire anyway.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought this was going to be a post about the Battle Hymn of the Republic?

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored.
He has loosed the terrible lightning of his terrible swift sword.
His truth is marching on.

Glory Glory...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I liked Hero, and Cally's War, however out of the follow up books, I liked The Watch on the Rhine the best.

Out of the first 4 though I think Gustfront was the best.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I liked The Watch on the Rhine the best.

Oooooh!  Sweetness. I wasn't aware of this part of the series.  

Prior to the big bom-bad Posleen invasion the Germans recall the Waffen SS.  Cool!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I liked Hero, and Cally's War, however out of the follow up books, I liked The Watch on the Rhine the best.

Out of the first 4 though I think Gustfront was the best.

Yeah John has written that gust front is his best work by far so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top