Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2002 5:25:04 PM EDT
What is the model of weapon that DeNiro and Kilmer use during the bank shootout?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is the model of weapon that DeNiro and Kilmer use during the bank shootout?
View Quote

They used two different AR, well M16, models. One was a SBR, don't know the exact models.

Possibly a M16A2 and a CAR16.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Kilmer and DeNiro both used a hodge podge CAR15 model with the following features in the "bank scene":

- "New" A1 upper receiver with teardrop assist, brass deflector, and A1 sights (like the kind Bushmaster sells, the "last A1 gen" configuration)
- 11 1/2" shorty CAR barrels with A1 hiders
- 4 position plastic telestock
- A1 pistol grip

For anyone else interested, Pachino used a variant of the CAL paratrooper rifle (not really SWAT or police issue, but cool), the asian cop used a full size LEO AR15A2, Sizemore used a Galil carbine and other notable weapon appearances are a H&K SG-1 and a Steyr TMP.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
... As Master Troy has pointed out; this topic has been covered almost as deeply here than by that as by Michael Mann.

... green horn

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The only Heat topics that I've personally seen discussed here (and I'll concur with their being discussed often) usually center around either Pacino's rifle during the bank heist, or the various handguns used throughout the movie.

I suppose in my haste to not rack up thousands of posts in the year I've been registered I've managed to miss a few Heat discussions, but as my subject stated I've never seen any discussion about those rifles.

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I only saw the movie once, and I though Pacino's rifle was a Beretta AR-70.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Pacino uses a shorty FN/FNC. The M16 shortys used by Kilmer and DeNiro look like Bushmaster A1's. Reason BM, the A1 uppers feature forward assist and a brass deflector. Colt didn't make many of the A1 receivers with the bd. They have the 11 1/2" A1 profile barrels.
BTW whoever the technical advisor was did a good job. Kilmer does a very fast tactical reload. Also, note the proper stance, using the sights, burst control, and on and on.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Goatboy... How about the creation of a "Heat" forum???

I think it's an idea who's time has come!  [;)]  
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I only saw the movie once, and I though Pacino's rifle was a Beretta AR-70.
View Quote

Only once? That statement right there will get you kicked off this forum faster than MacUzi in a bad mood.

Go get the DVD and make us all proud of you. Meanwhile everyone else keep the noise down, I'm trying to watch BHD, dammit. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#13]

The M16 Commandos used in the Bank Robbery scene are Copies of Colt Model 733's and they have 11.5" barrels not 10". They were built up for the movie using new Colt A2 parts on RR lowers owned by the rental company. The guns are safe-semi-auto. Both of the rifles were sold a couple years back. Not sure if Long Mountain Outfitters handled the sale.

Pacino's FNC is an FNC Model 80 either a #7000(1/7) or #6000(1/12) the barrel is 14.29" but on the movie gun the FN Flashider has been replaced with an AR hider(easier to blank.) This gun was also for sale several years ago as was it's double.  The handgun he carries through the entire movie is a Colt Combat Commander.

De Niro carries a USP through the 1st part of the movie then switches to a Sig 220. Look at the bore on the SIG (It's too large for a 9mm Sig. Also the Weapons were profiled in American Handgunner and Guns magazine back in the late 90's in an article about Stembridge Arms. The gun is identified as a Sig 220.

As far as the weapons carried by the Police officers few of them are allowed carry. Unless you're LAPD SWAT(1911) the issue handguns are the S&W 5906 or the Beretta 92FS. You can purchase and carry the S&W 45 series as well as the Beretta Cougers in .45. Also LAPD does not issue the Mossberg 590, they issue the Ithaca Model 37 and the Rem 870. It wasn't till after the North Hollywood shootout that converted(Semi Only) surplus Govt. M16A1's were issued to certain Patrol Sgt's. As far as I know Robbery/Homicide didn't have access to M16's at the time the movie was made. Long guns other then Rem or Ithaca Shotguns were only used by LAPD SWAT or METRO units.

The Tech advisor for the Flim was "Andy McNab" a former SAS member and author of Bravo-Two-Zero.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top