Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 12:30:36 PM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=786660

DU--Escape From Reality! - Posted by Oneighty:

Is DU an Opiate? A place where we progressive thinkers go for escape from our daily lives? A place where for the most part we drink the drug of optimism in the face of almost certain defeat?

In my daily life I do not see increased poverty, homeless people,or job loss. When I go shopping there are always plenty of people spending money. The working people here continue to work at the same low paying jobs they did a few years ago. All over our little village there are flags flying, support our troops signs, yellow ribbons tied to the "Old Oak Tree."

The few people I talk to, Democrats and Republicans alike seem perfectly satisfied in life. Almost all support the rape of Iraq.

Oh my God!!! A DU'er has finally gotten it! He realizes DU is an escape from reality. And it frightens him.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
"...all support the rape of iraq.

Every american is killing civilians in iraq by gassing up at the pumps and paying those tax bills to keep the military in its agressive global-theft stance."
View Quote

[whacko]

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny I thought it was me.

My local want adds are full of jobs, when I travel I see even more help wanted signs than here. Plenty of homes are being built - expensive ones - not trailer homes and someone is buying them. New stores are opening and someone's paying for them. The local electronic stores are full of people rolling $4000 plazma screens out into their luxury SUV's.

I think I'm the only one in the city not driving a brand new pimp 4x4 with 20" $6000 wheels on it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think I'm the only one in the city not driving a brand new pimp 4x4 with 20" $6000 wheels on it.
View Quote

dat's twenny foe's, foo.

-HS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top