Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/16/2002 8:32:06 PM EST
So, will we see human clones in the near future? Never be done More than ten years Less than ten years Already a couple cooking The US has a clone army in stasis in Greenland What do you think? Scott
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:37:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:55:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: You forgot the "The U.N. has a Clone Army in Greenland" option. [:D]
View Quote
Only had five spaces. I was thinking about "Doroway Into Summer", by Robert A. Heinlein... Scott
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:03:06 PM EST
Human clones? We're still finding the little quirks with animal clones, like accelerated onset of age related diseases. If human cloning is to be viable, cloning must be at a scientific level far more advanced than what is currently published. Then again, it's likely some of the more fringe scientists working on it may not be publishing for obvious reasons. I think it's possible, but we are not likely to see human clones any sooner than 10 years out. Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:07:10 PM EST
We will see it, its just a matter of time. Good luck to anyone who tries.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:08:43 PM EST
I hope stem cell research is advanced over the next few years to help with things like tissue replacement, alzheimers, whatever. As for all out cloning of a complete person, when they want the best sample to start with, I'm sure they have my address on file somewhere. [:)] Imagine having 2000 more progun computer geeks running around the country.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:49:36 PM EST
HEY NOW!!! goatboy said no more clone topics!!!! lol
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:42:41 PM EST
I hope stem cell research is advanced as well I think that hold the key o things like spinal cord , and brain injuries. The central nervous system is one of the only aspects of the human body that cannot heal. I, having a spinal cord injury, would VERY, VERY interested in exactly what those stem cells can do. Eh I'm sure the gov. will outlaw them soon enough so who am I kidding. heres hoping. Scott
Top Top