Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2003 8:07:54 AM EDT
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=32620[/url]

Personally I would like to torture it first, so that it dies a slow and painful death.  If not the AWB, then the maggots that put it there.

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Ditto, Bilster.

I've got a soldering iron and a bottle of bleach around here somewhere.....

Edited to add:

You know, a few of us here really had it out last week concerning our vote should GWB extend the AWB. In another thread, the idea was raised that perhaps all this was a smokescreen to cover the creation of a new "compromise" AWB.

I said I'd vote for GWB if he extended the current ban. That's not the point here. I will say, however, that if all this IS a smokescreen, and the Republicans (including GWB) are, in fact, negotiating a new bill while telling us they're not, then their goose is well and truly cooked.

It's one thing to continue the status quo in order to hold power and prevent far worse scenarios. It's quite another to [b]actively[/b] fool your own constituency before backstabbing them. I don't think they will survive if they do that, and I think they know it (assuming they'd consider such a thing).

Didn't mean to hijack. I relinquish the thread....
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Bring it to a vote. Lets get to it......
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Zaphod,
You have a valid point.  I have been leary of the intentions of our elected officials.  With the AWB and the Frivolous Lawsuit bill going around at the same time, look for the possibility of "I'll supposrt your Lawsuit legislation if you support reauthorizing the AWB."  That and a AWB compromise are my biggest 2nd Amendment fears.

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have been leary of the intentions of our elected officials.
View Quote

Always a wise move...

With the AWB and the Frivolous Lawsuit bill going around at the same time, look for the possibility of "I'll supposrt your Lawsuit legislation if you support reauthorizing the AWB."  That and a AWB compromise are my biggest 2nd Amendment fears.
View Quote

Lord, I hope not. It's just the sleazy (and, of course, completely ethics-devoid) thing the Liberals would try to do, and the gutless wonders in our party would cave to.

Aside from that, I was talking about a DELIBERATE attempt to cloud negotiations with the other side. If that were to come out in the open, there would be a revolt amongst voters, even those who are a little less one-issue than others. That's because it transcends the issue itself, and reflects on CHARACTER.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top