Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 12:12:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:38:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By schapman43:
a young girl buying a AK-47 for herself.

Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:42:09 AM EST
I feel ya man. I know several gun owners at work that really don't know their ass from a hole in the ground about firearms and/or firearms laws.

Somebody said to me today that he's going to be able to buy a, and I quote, "pistol grip automatic weapon" now that the ban is gone. He had no clue at all what the ban was, or what it did and did not do. I explained it very carefuly to him and he agreed that it was all a steaming pile of worthless horse shit.

Had one guy go on about how if you shoot somebody with a shotgun it'll send him flying a few feet. I couldn't help but laugh in his face.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:55:36 AM EST
One guy at work asked if I was going to rush out and buy an automatic rifle.

Ignorance is bliss...for the ingnorant.

Eddie
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:07:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By LS1Eddie:

Eddie

Same here.
I ran into someone at the gunstore the other week who didnt know anything about the ban.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:14:32 AM EST
You guys must live in sucky areas; every gunstore I've called has known and been enthusiastic about the ban expiring, even the ones I called monday.

(yeah, yeah, I know, lighten up, Francis)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:19:47 AM EST
I don't blame some people cause the antis have purposly made that shit so confusing you have to be an absolute gun nut like most here not just a hobbyist to understand that shit. I've had a hell of a time trying to explain it to friends who were genuinly interested and I sometimes run across shit on this very sit about the ban that I previously didn't know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:24:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By tac45:
I don't blame some people cause the antis have purposly made that shit so confusing you have to be an absolute gun nut like most here not just a hobbyist to understand that shit. I've had a hell of a time trying to explain it to friends who were genuinly interested and I sometimes run across shit on this very sit about the ban that I previously didn't know.

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:00:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By tekr:

Originally Posted By tac45:

I agree.

+2
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:20:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By LS1Eddie:

Eddie

my answer to this question is always yes durring the ban and now I am constantly rushing around ready if able to run out and but automatic weapons HA! yep I think I just got back from A gun run
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:25:34 AM EST

The only thing that made the day better was a young girl buying a AK-47 for herself.

Strawman !
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:29:01 AM EST
Yesterday I picked up a used Ruger P95 at Gander Mountain I had on lay-away and asked if they would be selling hi- cap mags now that the ban was lifted. He said, "No, I don't think so. I haven't heard what the policy will be." Me, "Hmmm..." Him, "And if I had my way, we would keep it that way." Me, "Well what about guns that are shipped with the new mags?" Him (in a patriarcal, "take the high road" manner), "Well we probably just won't carry them anymore." Yeah, right, so you're pretty much just going to sell Vaqueros and black powder then, eh??? I didn't push it with him but there is a lot of re-education thats needed out there and some of these idiots are probabaly going to see a serious drop in business if they don't get smart.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:39:00 AM EST
" The only thing that made the day better was a young girl buying a AK-47 for herself."

This thread is wor.....oh hell, nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:14:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:30:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By skpp108:
Yesterday I picked up a used Ruger P95 at Gander Mountain I had on lay-away and asked if they would be selling hi- cap mags now that the ban was lifted. He said, "No, I don't think so. I haven't heard what the policy will be." Me, "Hmmm..." Him, "And if I had my way, we would keep it that way." Me, "Well what about guns that are shipped with the new mags?" Him (in a patriarcal, "take the high road" manner), "Well we probably just won't carry them anymore." Yeah, right, so you're pretty much just going to sell Vaqueros and black powder then, eh??? I didn't push it with him but there is a lot of re-education thats needed out there and some of these idiots are probabaly going to see a serious drop in business if they don't get smart.

What you need to do is ask to speak to a manager and get clarification on the subject. Sine your gun was on layaway, you couldn't just walk, but if you have a choice and a sporting goods store has an anti-freedom policy, make it clear to them that you will vote with your wallet and buy your gun somewhere else. Sporting goods stores are a dime/dozen. Find one that supports your 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:46:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By ANGST:

The only thing that made the day better was a young girl buying a AK-47 for herself.

Strawman !

Nope, seen her at the range shooting. She's in the shop all the time checking out the new toys.

There aren't enough of "them". I was at an indoor range one time and a very attractive lady came in, put up a silohuette target, wrote some guys name on it, then proceeded to empty a mag into its groin area. She was good, but a little scary. Wonder what the story behind that was?

Sorry about the hijack.
Top Top