Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2004 3:50:00 PM EDT
All United States: Warning: anti's to make coordinated effort this
Thursday on AWB

Posted on Sunday, September 5, 2004

Greetings All, MAJOR NUMBERS OF ORGANIZED "ANTI GUN" GROUPS ACROSS
AMERICA ARE TARGETING THIS THURSDAY TO FLOOD THE WHITE HOUSE WITH PHONE
CALLS AND EMAILS IN SUPPORT OF RENEWING THE AWB. HERE COMES THE PUSH....

HOW YOU CAN BLOCK THIS ANTI-GUN ACTION:

STEP 1: On Tiuesday and Wednesday, September 7 and 8th, 2004, call the
White House between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm EST at 202-456-1111.

STEP 2: Tell the President the ban on so-called "assault weapons" is
useless in reducing crime or injury and should expire on Monday,
September 13th.

STEP 3: Call your two Senators at (202) 224-3121 and your
Representative at (202) 225-312. Give them the same message - let the
useless AWB expire on September 13th.

STEP 3: ENLIST YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO HELP. Please forward this
action alert to everyone in your email address book!

For more information go to http://www.clintongunban.com/
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's what they're refering to.............

"http://www.jointogether.org/gv/news/alerts/reader/0,2061,574471,00.html

"Save the Assault Weapons Ban
9/3/2004

Action Alert
The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence United With the Million Mom March
1225 Eye Street, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
www.bradycampaign.org

We need your help! Please contact President Bush on Thursday, September 9th, 2004, and tell him to renew the assault weapons ban.

There are only a few days until the assault weapons ban expires on September 13, and our nation will face a new era of criminal and terrorist attacks with assault weapons unless President Bush keeps his campaign promise and gets the law renewed. During his campaign in 2000, President Bush pledged to renew this law. But so far he has done nothing to prevent military style weapons like AK-47s and UZIs from flooding back into our neighborhoods.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

STEP 1: CALL
On Thursday, September 9th, 2004, call the White House between the hours of 9am and 5pm ET (6am-2pm PT) at 202-456-1111. Tell the President to listen to law enforcement and renew the ban on assault weapons before it expires on Monday, September 13th.

STEP 2: EMAIL
Please forward this action alert to everyone in your email address book! We must spread the word to make this work! (Because of the Labor Day weekend, you may want to send out reminders next Tuesday or Wednesday as well.)

The federal Assault Weapons Act bans the manufacture and sale of military-style, semiautomatic assault weapons, including AK-47s, UZIs, and the TEC-9. In a letter, former Presidents Ford, Carter and Clinton have urged President Bush to save the law. In their letter to President Bush, they wrote, "at a time when terrorism continues to be a serious threat, it is even more imperative that we renew the Assault Weapons Act and limit access to military-style weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips." They urge President Bush "to make reauthorization of the Assault Weapons Act a top priority for your Administration and spur
Congress to action."

National law enforcement organizations, and ten of thousands of police chiefs, sheriffs, and rank and file law enforcement officers support renewing the ban. Polls consistently show overwhelming public support for the assault weapons ban. According to ATF data, since the Act was passed in 1994, the incidence of assault weapon use in crime has dropped by 66 percent.

Don't forget:

STEP 1: CALL 202-456-1111 on Thursday, September 9th, 2004, 9am and 5pm ET
Tell the President to renew the ban on assault weapons before it expires on Monday, September 13th.

STEP 2: EMAIL YOUR ADDRESS BOOK

Thanks for all your help!"

More thoughts on this here -----> www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=271163
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for providing more details Login!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for providing more details Login!

I'm really looking forward to a fight this time around.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
is it even possible for congress to renew the ban this close the deadline?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

yeah, doesnt' congress have to have come back, and then have a bill to vote on?

thats what you have to watch out for, some "emergency" session of congress and only tehe "important" congressmen will show up.  I don't see what good calling the WH is going to do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Calls will be made tommorow, I got a Beta C mag on pre-order and I'm not gonna let some liberal stand in the way.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT. This is too big to fall into the ARF archives.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#10]
On task. Everyone needs to jump in on this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Where are all the "ahh geez not this shit again" guys for this post. I start to get nervous when I dont see them
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#12]
This needs to be tacked.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm on it doggone it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

no
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the phone numbers programed in the phone and will be making calls in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#18]
<<BIG Yawn...>>

Move on...there's nothing here...move on.

Recommend some of you folks re-take your HS civics class.

This is going NOWHERE!

Geez...not this shit AGAIN!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

yeah, doesnt' congress have to have come back, and then have a bill to vote on?

thats what you have to watch out for, some "emergency" session of congress and only tehe "important" congressmen will show up.  I don't see what good calling the WH is going to do.

The only way the AWB is going to pass is if Bush caves in and gives the House his nod (highly unlikely, but I don't trust any politician... especially in an election year). The antis have known for a long time now that the only way it would get passed is by putting the screws to GW. That's why the frenzy to apply pressure to the White House... it's their only hope. I have the highest level of confidence that we have this thing won, but I'm still not letting my guard down for a second. I'd hate to wait 10 years to see things fall apart in a few days... shit can happen and it can easily happen in the 5 day time frame if allowed to (The reciprocal bill for CCW for active and retired LEOS took 12 years to enact, but passed within hours without a roll call vote from the Senate).

If anything else, we need to constantly remind the antis that we're still here and have no intention of slacking off, retreating, or letting up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I just posted this over at www.ak-47.net weve got to alert all of the gun  forums
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no

It's about fucking time Rick.  What's the problem, aren't we paying you enough? I figured you'd have this fire put out on about the 4th reply.  

P.S. : thanks for your efforts in the past months Rick.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm on it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no

It's about fucking time Rick.  What's the problem, aren't we paying you enough? I figured you'd have this fire put out on about the 4th reply.  

P.S. : thanks for your efforts in the past months Rick.

I am deeply sorry......I will never eat again.

Seriously guys, from a logistical standpoint, it really is impossible for even an extension to pass either house before expiration.  This is not an opinion, it is a fact.  There is no bill that has even been considered in committee let alone been passed out of committee.  In short, there is nothing out there to vote on.

From a political standpoint, the situation is not much better for the antis.
Over a year ago, many of us predicted that "Gun Control" would not be an issue in the Presidential campaign.  We were right.  Both sides realize there are no votes to be had by pushing an anti-gun agenda at the national level.  In less than 2 months, one third of the Senate, 100% of the House and the Office of POTUS are up for grabs.  Kerry's poll numbers are dropping in states like Tennessee, Missouri and West Virginia and Bush is riding a 10+ point bump coming out of the Convention.  "Gun Control" only hurts both and would absolutely kill Republicans and rural Democrats running in Congress.  

Does this mean I won't be emailing and/or calling this week?  Hell no but instead of calling to shake a verbal finger warning against voting for or against a nonexistent bill, I will be sending my thanks to the President and my reps for their hard work that made this day possible and tell them they will earn my vote because of it.  Remember guys, if we don't reward them when they do the right thing we have nothing to threaten them with when they don't.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#25]
The ban is dead, gone, finished.

I'll be making calls just in case.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#26]

I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Bunch of scheit, the only way it can happen this late is for the President to call a special session of congress. For that, he needs cooperation of the VP and House Majority Leader. Looks like Fineswine is fukked.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm really surprised at the number of our members who are willing to bet their freedoms on the word of a political official. Now is not the time to become complacent. I've waited 10 years for this, and I was only 8 when the ban passed in '94. So go ahead, post your "AJNTSA" pics, but I for one am not going to shout victory just yet. It ain't over till its over.

You all remember what happened with the Tortoise and the Hare, let's not get caught sleeping.

Now go do your duty and make some phone calls.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Letter sent.
 FREE
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It ain't over till its over.

It's never over even if this version goes down there'll be another one and another and another. Dirtbags don't know when to stop.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#32]
tag
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll breathe a sigh of relief on September 13th. Or 14th.

Not until then.

Then again, it doesn't mean as much for me, being a resident of CT.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
[It's never over even if this version goes down there'll be another one and another and another

What "version"?  Is there a bill scheduled for a vote?  Did we miss something?

There is no bill therefore there is nothing to vote on.  As I said before, make the calls but at least try to sound like you know what you are talking about.  As someone who used to be at the other end of that phone line, I assure you people who knew what they were talking about got noticed.  All others were ignored.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#36]
BBT
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I know we're sitting on the one yard goal line here, but teams have lost just the same.

Winning alone isn't enougth at this point, we need to grind their faces in the mud.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Not until then.

+1  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#39]

I am going call everyday this week.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#40]
why aren't we all calling and emailing on the 9th to tie all the lines up?  anyway I will call and email everyday starting in the early morning.

Iso
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Not until then.

Think you're in a tight bind, I live in MA (for a few more years anyways).

I just think a major ass reaming is in order... I'll worry about the details later
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm on it every day there in session before the 13.
DIE BAN DIE
Joshau
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Here's a link for Office of the Clerk HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.  

It has all the phone numbers you need.  Thanks gvidon212!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#44]
+1

Someone tack this in bright flashing splendor please...

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#45]
tagged and bagged for wednesday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
...but instead of calling to shake a verbal finger warning against voting for or against a nonexistent bill, I will be sending my thanks to the President and my reps for their hard work that made this day possible and tell them they will earn my vote because of it.  Remember guys, if we don't reward them when they do the right thing we have nothing to threaten them with when they don't.

EXACTLY. There are a few different kinds of rewards (negative and positive) that people (and dogs) respond to. Use some positive reinforcement on this one. Your reps will appreciate the respite from the bashing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Didn't the anti's slip the original AWB in at the last minute?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#50]
TO ARMS!!!!!!!

TO ARMS!!!!!!!

MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS!!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top