Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2004 7:43:29 AM EDT
Okay, time to wake the army.

Read this thread, tell me if you think this guy is for real or a faker. Just seems WAAY too stupid. Here's a qoute:

(When shown a picture of a Bushmaster AR15)

"Looks lethal, ban it"

http://www.awbansunset.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2189

Continueban is also a liberal activist, and you know what that includes-denounciation of GIs, etc.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I can see we're going to have one hell of a fight on our hands between now and September (and after).  These irrational, scared and ignorant sheep are not going to stop trampling on our 2nd Amendment rights.  I'll be stocking up on envelopes and stamps
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Ever notice how more and more often, the anti-gunners are talking about gun turn-in's?

There are some things that are non-negotiable. My right to own a "military style semi-automatic assault rifle" is one of them! Let them amend the constitution if they want to, I don't care anymore. For me anymore it boils down to this:

I worked to earn my money, and once I earned that money I took it to the gun store and bought guns. I bought my guns because I wanted them, and now that I have them I'm glad that I bought them. My guns are just that MINE! I paid for them and I'm keeping them. I'm not giving them to the government, and they are not for sale either!

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
No less than the United States Marines are having trouble disarming a population the size of California in Iraq.

Let the government TRY to disarm 80 million gun owners.

Molon Labe!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#4]

i'd like to think we'd all rise up and fight off the offending liberals and their anti-gun agendas, but when it comes right down to it, most would turn in their shit or hide it (useless).

the few that would try to fight would be put down in a matter of days by our own military. many assert only NATO forces would be inclined to come in and take up this task as our soldiers would be sympathetic to our cause. i tend to think that we've used our NG units for years for civil disturbances pretty effectively.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Government missed their opporunity to ban all firearms (outside of specific regulated circumstances) in 1934.  America was a different place back then.   Communists were making up ground, lots of displacement and misery, capitalists were seen as the cause of the depression, the media was closely allied with their perferred politicans, and the politicians knew that they had blanket license to dramatically expand the role of government.  No politican will ever resist increasing their own power.  The term "New Deal" is not an accident.  It refers to a new social contract the public would have with government.  To show you how severe this was, handguns were damn close to being NFA items.

America never again has come close to the brink of being desperate enough to "need" yet another 'alternate' social contract with government.

This being said, the AWB fight is only being continued by the antis because they've lost all other battles, and believe they can temporarily withdraw from the political fight honorably if they have a victory.  They can't touch handguns and federal handgun registration schemes are laughed at, but people still have this thing with the term "assault rifle", even though rifles fitting this description are rarely used in violent crime.  Thus, they believe they can win this one, and deliver a victory to those who have been funding them for years.  Without it, all hope is lost for them...   They aren't going away, but can be pushed into the fringe like ardent US Communists.  Unfortunately, they'll come out again when they think they can successfully push their agenda.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Government missed their opporunity to ban all firearms (outside of specific regulated circumstances) in 1934.  America was a different place back then.   Communists were making up ground, lots of displacement and misery, capitalists were seen as the cause of the depression, the media was closely allied with their perferred politicans, and the politicians knew that they had blanket license to dramatically expand the role of government.  No politican will ever resist increasing their own power.  The term "New Deal" is not an accident.  It refers to a new social contract the public would have with government.  To show you how severe this was, handguns were damn close to being NFA items.

America never again has come close to the brink of being desperate enough to "need" yet another 'alternate' social contract with government.

This being said, the AWB fight is only being continued by the antis because they've lost all other battles, and believe they can temporarily withdraw from the political fight honorably if they have a victory.  They can't touch handguns and federal handgun registration schemes are laughed at, but people still have this thing with the term "assault rifle", even though rifles fitting this description are rarely used in violent crime.  Thus, they believe they can win this one, and deliver a victory to those who have been funding them for years.  Without it, all hope is lost for them...   They aren't going away, but can be pushed into the fringe like ardent US Communists.  Unfortunately, they'll come out again when they think they can successfully push their agenda.

Didn't the original version of the legislation have handguns on the NFA list, but they were removed shortly before voting for fear that it would cause revolts?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm surprised that the people on that forum continue to argue with that person. It's obvious that whoever it is, is just trolling. Nobody could be that dumb...

...oh wait, my mind blanked for a second there and I forgot about all the gun grabbers we have in this country.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#8]
These are the same people who abhor the idea of a Constitutional ban on gay marriage.  They say that the Constitution should not take away from the rights of an individual in that issue, yet advocate that very same thing when it comes to firearms.  It is hypocrisy at it's core.  The Constitution should not take rights away from anyone, so leave it the hell alone.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#9]
True true.  And sept 13 is very close to sept 11th, so you probably WON'T see an AWB ban. You'll see a "Terrorism prevention bill" or something similar.  Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top