Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 11:28:59 PM EDT
I took some KICK-ASS video of a couple tannerite incidents at a shoot today.

Short story, I ended-up with a 16 Mb clip in AVI format...something like 850 frames at 250x400 or so...

How the hell do I convert them to Mpeg, And if I DO convert them to Mpeg, will the file size get smaller (I hope)?

I was hoping to post them, but in their current form they are way to big to be viewed through normal means.

HELP!

DA
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what you do mate.

To view AVI files, download Divx.  It's free. [url]http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX505Bundle.exe[/url]

Open the file up in the Divx player.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Viewing the AVI files are not a problem for me. The problem is that I want to share them with the rest of you guys, but I feel that they are WAY too big to be hosted/downloaded by anyone who wants to see them.

I think they need to be compressed or converted or something.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:00:55 AM EDT
[#3]
You need an mpeg encoder.  Yes it will get a lot smaller.  There are trial versions like Xing that are good for 30 sec. of encoding and expire in thirty days.  Curious, what software did you use to capture the video?  Some of the editing software has an encoder built in.  You could also encode it in real,quicktime,and divx.  These all have high compression algorithms and good quality.  Mpeg is more universal though.  If you can't get one going, put it up somewhere and I'll encode it for you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I use TMPGEnc.  Go to www.dvdrhelp.com.  You'll pretty much find the answer to all your questions regarding video formats, conversions and burning the files to cd or dvd.  You'll also find links to all the various free and shareware you can use to do all the work, like the software I suggested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top