Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2011 6:22:29 AM EDT
Is it just me, or has AT&T's 3g network gone to complete shit?

I had a smart phone on the 3g network right after it was launched, and it was fairly quick. not fast like broadband, but pages loaded rather quickly....

I guess the network is so clogged now, that it seems to run slower than the edge network did for data.

anyone else having those problems lately? I've always had good service and a fair rate from AT&T, but in the last few months, I haven't even bothered trying to use the 3g service, unless it was absolutely necessary.

I have an iPhone 4, and it's very quick over wireless networks, but when you try to run it on 3g... ugh....

thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on where you are.  Here in San Antonio it isn't too bad.  When I was in DC I was doing better by turning off 3G and just using Edge.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
No problems here.  And I'm posting this on my iphone 4 and 3g
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an Iphone 4 with AT&T and my 3g service is top notch in Illinois.  I average around 3-5Mbps down and 1-2Mbps up.  (No, I'm not lying.)
It is every bit as fast as WIFI

The biggest factor that I have found in AT&T's speed is your signal strenth.  Anything less than 3 bars and you will be lucky to get 1Mbps down
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
My ATT DSL line at my house is shit. I'm getting faster time on 3G. Greater than 1mbps and I'm happy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Here in Ft Worth, it seems to be running faster then ever lately.

Maybe we go some of your bandwidth LOL
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#6]
mine seems to be just fine  here in plano. Used my gf iphone for hotspot on my ipad2 and it was just fine as well. Maybe your phone needs to be restarted or updated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top