Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 12:13:24 PM EDT
Don't you just love it how you go into a store and are told one thing, only to return to be told another? I swear those stupid mouth breather fucks don't want my business. I decided to take the plunge and pick up an Iphone, well I tried to at least. Two weeks ago I walked into an AT&T store to upgrade my Blackberry to an Iphone. Do I need an Iphone? No, the blackberry works just fine. The Iphone seems like a neat toy and I can afford one so I figured why the hell not?

Anyways, I am greeted by a wookiesha look alike that then refers me to a sales rep that looks to be very dimwitted and grossly obese. Her hair obviously has not been washed in several days and she smells very similar to garbage. We will call her the grumpkin. The grumpkin and I spend about 20 minutes going over the Iphone and its features. I decide to go with the 32 gig 3Gs. I select a few accessories to go along with my new phone, and head up to the check out counter where she then proceeds to looks up my account info. The Grumpkin then tells me that I am not eligible for an upgrade until 10 Oct, but it can be waived if I am 30 days out and to come back in a week. We debate a bit over this and then I reluctantly agree to return. I leave without buying anything.  

Two weeks later I head back up there with the hopes of purchasing an Iphone. I am greeted by the same wookiesha creature and I am directed to a new sales person. This drone apparently does not know how to breath out of his nose, his breath smells like rotten fish flesh. He has a perpetual look of retardation on his face which is then turned to glee when I state "I'm here to upgrade to an Iphone." He first looks at my account (smart on his part to not waste time.) He says "You are not eligible for an upgrade until 10 Oct." I then proceed to tell him that I was informed of that two weeks ago; that it could be waived 30 days out. The drone then tells me that is the case with all phones except the Iphone. The drone then asks me who told me that, I look around the sales floor and spot The Grumpkin. We walk over and she then denies ever telling me that, and that I would have to wait....

At that point I ask them if they even want my money and the commission they would get from the Iphone and accessories. I ask to see the manager who is conveniently out to lunch. I told them to "just forget it, I will never buy a fucking Iphone due to that liar and I will never step foot in this store again." The grumpkin then starts to walk after me begging me to come back in Oct, I told her to go fuck herself and walked out.

I will stick with my blackberry until I run it into the ground and I will go to the AT&T store 15 minutes down the road to upgrade to whatever Blackberry has out at that time. I will go to the gun show this weekend and try to find a 10.5 inch upper for my SBR with my "Iphone funds." FUCK THOSE DIRTY MOTHER FUCKERS, THEY WILL NEVER GET A DIME OUT OF ME!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If you knew what you wanted why bother going to the store? Buy it online direct- less hassle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, I went to the store due to lack of knowledge about the product and its different variations.  My want for instant info directly from a person led me to this debacle. I should have done research online. I'm still not going to buy one. Reflecting now, it seems more like a novel toy than any added advantage over my blackberry.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm firmly convinced that Dante overlooked retail cell phone sales when he was classifying Circles of Hell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like less than stellar customer relations - but if you spoke as you say you did - you lost your cool.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not that great a phone anyway. It took me two hours to type this on my 3gs. Really. It is a fun toy but fairly crappy phone.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
hate to rub salt in the wound but it's much more than that.  it's like someone went to the future and could only bring back one item.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I admit I did loose my cool. My time is very limited between work and school, still not an excuse; I should have just left without saying anything. I don't know why, but I felt a surge of rage dealing with The Grumpkin. I'm usually nice to CS types as I have worked those jobs in the past and I know dealing with the public sucks. On the bright side, I do feel better now after I typed this all up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea, people who work retail generally couldn't find their own ass with both hands, a five minute head start, a map, and two weeks prior training.  

There are exceptions, especially since the economy tanked, but not enough to bring the average up significantly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]

I must have a good rep at my AT&T store. He DID upgrade two blackberries (to iPhones) for me that where a little less than 30 days out from being eligible.  So it must be a legit AT&T policy.  I bought 4 iPhones that day, but 2 were iPhone to iPhone upgrades.

My blackberry is more useful/functional for me personally, but there is a lot to like about the iPhone too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top