Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2002 3:53:01 PM EDT
what's a good 4WD ATV brand and size?

I want one that'll carry a couple of rifles and lots of ammo and me into the woods and back....

Heard Artic Cats were good.  Anybody got one?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard those doskocil cases mounted to ATV's to hold rifles will not fit Ar15, BTW.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Believe the new Polaris atvs are according to those who work on them the best ones on the market at the present time.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:50:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (Hence my name) It rocks. 1000 Miles in 5 months, NO problems I didn't cause. Its a torque monster, and will do about 65. Awesome quad.

-Jared
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Honda Foreman, I've had a 300 4x4 since 93 with no problems. 1000's of miles. When looking for 4 wheeler back then I went to 3 dealers and asked the same question to all of them. To salesperson, if you were buying a 4 wheeler for yourself which would you get Honda or Yamaha?
They sold both. The answer from all was Honda. The reason they gave was " they just don't break". And after 1000's of miles with the same results I say buy a Honda! I have 2 friends that have Yamaha Big Bears, they both wish they had gotten a Honda. As with everything your results may vary but that's my .02. Good luck with whatever you get.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#5]
full-clip, great report on 8 year old Hondas, we own several (they are as you say )....... unfortunately Honda hasn't upgraded their atvs since before then, new Hondas are not the atv the new Polaris models are, again this is per atv mechanics.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#6]
a mule.............sorry I had to.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Honda Rubicon that I love.  I did alot of researching before I bought, and the Polaris and the Honda seemed to get the most frequent good reports.  I don't think that you would go wrong with either of those.....basically a Ford vs Chevy thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top