Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 2:57:25 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a ATV winch. Not planning on doing anything particularly hard with it, its intended use is raising and lowering a snow blade. Right now I have a boat winch on the front rack with U-Bolts and while it works, it is generally a pain in the ass to use.  So I was looking online and reading on some ATV forums. The general consensus seems to be that Warn is the best, and also most expensive. Super Winch has mixed reviews, and everything else is sort of lumped into the "junk pile".

So does anyone have a Champion winch? Any good? Or should I just pony up $400 bucks at the local dealer and get a Warn?

Was looking at this one:

Champion winch on eBay
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with warn.  Look on Amazon.

If it is not something you will use to get yourself out of a bind, then a cheap winch will be fine.
If I was just using it to raise a snow plow, I would get a chi com winch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
As above if your going to use it to get yourself out get a warn.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As above if your going to use it to get yourself out get a warn.
View Quote

Well I'm not going to claim that it will never be used in a recovery situation but my ATV rarely leaves my property. I use it more as a "poor man's tractor".  I've put about 150 miles on it in 2 years hauling firewood and pushing snow.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Warn or viper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top