Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2001 6:11:17 PM EDT
Well folks, our commie dominated legislature has passed two similar gun licensing bills and sent them to Davis.  Our only hope now is that he sticks to his original word of vetoing any new gun legislation until he sees how all the 1999 laws are working.  Yea, that will really cut down on crime.  Every crime committed with a gun is now against the law anyway, but I guess we need more laws.  The only way I would accept this one is with "shall issue" CCW.  The PRK is going to make us jump through the same hoops as you would to get a CCW, but with no prize for all your trouble.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Davis is such a character.

A) Crime goes down.
"Gun control is effective in reducing crime, we will continue to legislate to increase safety for the people of California."

B) Crime goes up.
"The 1999 gun control laws were not effective enough, stricter regulation of firearms is needed to increase safety for the people of California."

Here's one CA resident that doesn't give a damn what is passed, they will do as they wish, I will do as I wish.

radioman
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
One bill originated in the assembly, the other in the senate. Both have been passed and sent to the other and are currently in commitee. The assembly bill passed by a very close margin. 41 - 36. Niether has been sent to Davis. It is almost a certainty that one of these will be signed into law. If so look for a run on handgun sales ( as much as one gun a month will allow ) and after that almost NO sales.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
well i guess ill be inherating some more guns agien like with sb23
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top