Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 5:02:18 PM EDT
Anybody on the west coast, I'm assuming this show comes on at 7 for you (in 1 hour).

It deals with a little girl with an extreme allergy to the sun, so they rebuild her house so she doesnt feel trapped in her room.

Anyway my wife watched the beggining where they say what the name of the girl's condition is, but she couldn't remember and I'm very curious.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't remember, but it was an AWSOME makeover, wasn't it?

They left that house GORGEOUS!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/bios/families/the_pope_family.html

polymorphic light eruption, also known as sun poisoning

next time you could just look it up - go to ABC.com and click on the season list, etc.......  :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/bios/families/the_pope_family.html

polymorphic light eruption, also known as sun poisoning

next time you could just look it up - go to ABC.com and click on the season list, etc.......  :)

Oh well I went to the Extreme makeover website and it just said "sun poisoning"
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah but the girl said she could "go into shock" -- which I read as an anaphylaxis reaction, and PLE and all the other stuff that turned up on search (YES I GOOGLED) looks like DELAYED hypersensitivity, not something that would cause shock.

Ah well
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I got curious and started reading about it.  It can be pretty nasty stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top