Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2001 9:27:57 AM EDT
On Monday, March 19th. The Civil law committee will vote on the Right to Carry bill #HF 1360. This is the farthest this bill has come. Please call your reps. at 651-296 2146 to voice your support of this bill. The oppositon in the lower state is readily working against it. PLEASE CALL.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to for up to the minute information on the Personal Protection Act of 2001 (HF1360-Boudreau/SF1395-Pariseau).  Both authors need letters from law enforcement personnel stating that (1) they SUPPORT the bill and that (2) the MPPOA doesn't speak for them on this issue.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember 2 years ago when the Sheriff of Ottertail County put an add in the newspaper. It stated that anybody who wanted a permit in his county could get one through his office. I heard this on the KQRS morning show(Golden Valley, MN).

Although this carries very little weight, the reporter from WCCO news that hangs out around the Capital, said it has very good 'momentum' right now. She believed it would probably go through.

In North-western Minnesota the permits are nearly automatic after passing the criminal check. In most counties they're free, but I have to pay a yearly $10 fee, with no paperwork. Pennington is the only county that is dufficult. My friend, who had a permit for 10+ years, could not get one after moving there.

I hope we can get it passed. I've been waiting to change my address to St. Cloud, but have been scared of not being able to renew mine. Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
There has never been a beter time to pass this. With Jesse in the mansion and Bush in the White House we have to get it done. In NE Minn. permits are tough to get. The  new county (St.Louis) sheriff won't even re-issue them to people who had them under the last sheriff. Local PD takes some real butt kiss'in. And then it is restricted to a specific use, not carte-blanche, unless you are his friend. Call and write your Reps!
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
There has never been a better time to pass this. With Jesse in the mansion and Bush in the White House we have to get it done. In NE Minn. permits are tough to get. The  new county (St.Louis) sheriff won't even re-issue them to people who had them under the last sheriff. Local PD takes some real butt kiss'in. And then it is restricted to a specific use, not carte-blanche, unless you are his friend. Call and write your Reps!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top